Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doittechie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
    How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease?
    I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract.

I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked to landlord and he said for us to make it work otherwise we both technically are tenants, though I have been on a contract lease for my entire time with Landlord.

Can I evict my roommate, or do we both have equal right to the place? How can I get her to move out, she won't budge and I can't take it anymore, I will not move so not sure what to do? Will our roommate agreement hold up in court if needed, or others steps to take? Thanks a ton!
    harvick_rocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 01:20 PM

I own my residence and let a friend move in. how do I evict her?
    Janetcaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
    How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Janetcaz View Post
    How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Aggreement Lease?
    Do you have a lease, and if so, did the landlord lease to you alone, or to both of you?

If you are the only one on the lease, this "Roommate Aggreement Lease" would be a sub-lease. You could sue the RM to evict (after giving due notice).

If all three of you are parties to the "Roommate Aggreement Lease", the LL would probably have to sue to evict the RM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict a roommate with no lease? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a house and am renting a room to someone. There is no lease and he pays rent on a month to month basis. The problem is that he hasn't paid me rent lately. How can I legally get him out as quickly as possible? I live in Maryland

I have a commercial lease and need to evict my roommate [ 5 Answers ]

He isn't on the lease, he never paid a deposit and he agreed to move out by Feb 1st, back in November. Now, he's threatening to sue, despite the fact that he's a drug addict and alcoholic who is relapsing again. I found him passed out in his car earlier this week, and I keep finding empty bottles...

Tenant on lease wants 'evict' his roommate . [ 2 Answers ]

We have a tenant that has a roommate (his brother) that is supposed to pay rent too. I understand the tenant is responsible for paying the rent since he is the one on the lease however he wants his bro to move out because he is not paying his share. We want the person on the lease to stay but...

How to evict a roommate with no lease and I'm the owner? [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. I let two of my girlfriends move into my house--neither one signed a lease or anything. I couldn't take all the people and partying all the time and asked them to leave after only 1 1/2 months. One of them is staying elsewhere but her stuff is still here, the other still comes and...

View more questions Search