Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cj903kia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Transfer of title
    My parents want to transfer a home title to me. The home is paid for. There are no liens. What are the steps we should take? We live in Michigan.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Personally, to do something like this, I'd go through a title company or a real estate attorney. The attorney can explain all of the various tax implications and other possible scenarios that may arise. If you've already covered all of those bases, then a title company can prepare and file all of the correct documents to be sure everything is done correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title transfer [ 4 Answers ]

If I sold a car to someone & he has not transferred the title in his name, what can I do to take my name off the title. Plus he moved & I don't know where he moved to.

Need to transfer property title [ 4 Answers ]

I leased optioned my property a little over a year ago. The man has already paid me most of the money that he owes me and I am ready to sign over the deed to him. The problem is that my common law husband, who is in prison right now, agreed to sign the limited power of attorney allowing me to...

Title transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Title transfers (home sales) are posted in the newspaper. Is the date indicated the date of the closing or is it the date the title transfer is recorded?

What exactly do I need to do to transfer auto title tto my name? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I just need seller's signature and mine on 'Texas certificate of title'---car is free and clear ---both by seller and me--cash deal-----any help appreciated-need help immediately

View more questions Search