Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cammb99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Mortgage company sent me the title to my home
    After refinancing my home, the new mortgage company sold my mortgage to the original mortgage company, shortly after that I received the title to my home in the mail. It is signed by the president of the mortgage company and clearly states that all debt is paid. I was wondering where I stand legally since I am in possession of the title.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:27 PM
    You received title that the old loan was paid off, that releases the old mortgage from the deed. There woiuld have been a new lien with the new mortgage that would have been filed on the property.

Not like a car, the deed filed at the court house is the deed, to it there will be liens and release of liens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

Mortgage Company Name [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find the Mortgage Company that holds the mortgage on a house in Harris County, Texas

Mortgage solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently trying to start up a new business in the mortgage Solution field, I want to assist people that are behind on their mortgage payments, I have 4 years experience in the field working as a mortgage company default negotiator, I need to know how to get started,where to apply for small...

Insurance from Mortgage company [ 2 Answers ]

In Michigan can a mortgage company charge more for insurance than the actual cost. Also, can you tell me the law on this. Thank you

View more questions Search