Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeharkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Eviction process
    I am going to evict a tenant for non payment of rent and understand Florida law but what happens to the tenant's property not removed by the date the tenant can't come back on the property... Jim
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I owned a duplex in Florida some years ago and had the same problem. Basically when the tenant does not remove their property the police need to be called. Show them the court order stating tenant evicted and needs to vacate by such and such date and you can either put the property at the curb for the trash people or dispose of it however you wish. Years ago the Sheriffs department would actually move the furniture, etc out for you but then they quit the moving business and stopped that service. Your best bet now is to call your local police or sheriffs department and see if they still do this anymore in your area. If they don't, then you can move it all out yourself provided it is after the date that the court has given them to officially vacate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Well, there is no date he can not come back in, if he does not move out, you have to get a court order for a eviction, and then when the court orders him evicted, they send a court officer to watch as his goods are set to the side of the road.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction process [ 5 Answers ]

OK here's the situation I have lived in the same place for almost 8 years we have 4 children and a year ago our landlord sold the apt buildings we live in to someone else right then it started with you need to get the yard cleaned up and get rid of the dog that you have and so we clean up the yard...

Eviction process in the state of FL [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I have before I need to vacate the property with 3 children under the age of 10?

Can someone tell me what is the whole eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict someone who is not a tenant and refuses to leave the property in the State of California.

Eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I live in Las Vegas NV and I am not sure what the laws are here in regards to the eviction process. I am a Tenant who has had a set back in my career. Our Landlords are giving us some time but I would like to know what the steps are in the eviction process. If you could please give me some...

Eviction process [ 4 Answers ]

After I have been served a three day notice and I still haven't paid the rent, do I still have an opportunity after that to pay the rent?

View more questions Search