Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToTrusting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Laws in Washington D.C.
    I have rented my property in Washington, DC. My tenants have failed to comply with their rental obligations for the month of July and August. Can anyone tell me is thirty days the right time frame for notice of vacating the property in DC?:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Hello To:

Frankly, if they're 5 minutes late paying their rent, I would start eviction proceedings. I have no idea what "notice" you might be talking about.

If you're going to be in the landlord business, I suggest you become familiar with the landlord/tenant laws for your jurisdiction. They ARE the rules that govern your business, and it's not a good idea to go into business WITHOUT knowing the rules.

You can find a copy right here on our forum on the previous page on a "sticky note" at the top.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abondonment laws of Washington state [ 15 Answers ]

I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6...

Washington University [ 1 Answers ]

Where does Washington university located. Is this university accredited?

Washington Law [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I live in Washington and now live with my girlfriend so I was wondering since parents are being s about the emancipation I got. If they say my girlfriend parents have been letting have sex, and sleep together would the court label me as a sex offender? I am sixteen and she is sixteen, I turn...

Garishments Washington [ 2 Answers ]

We were garnished today,:mad: and we had no idea that it was coming, so sure we deal with at work around it but how do I find out who the garnishment is from? Like I said before we had no idea about it, and don't who the money is going to nor the debt amout?

Washington DC [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I am a expert about Washington dc. Ask me anything you would like to know about tourism in Washington DC and I will try to answer for you. I will be anixiously waiting to here from you. :)

View more questions Search