Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airwalk_man Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Jul 18, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Situation involving potential roommate.
    Hey everyone,
    Here is a quick story to clarify things.
    I was answering adds in a classifieds area of a well known online marketplace for room rentals in my city. Anyhow, I answer this one add that is in my ballpark and I go to take a look (I'm getting to good part). Turns out, the room is being rented out by a single female a year younger then myself. She requested only males in her search for a roommate, and she's drop dead gorgeous. I'm a pretty level headed guy, and it seems like it could just be a innocent request for a roommate, but I actually want to live there. How do I progress in this situation? What could she be thinking in her own mind to ask for purely male roommates? Let me know, or if I made you laugh a bit, yw.
    Cheers
    C
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 06:06 PM
    She could be looking for a man... but she could also be looking for a male roommate because she just doesn't want to have a female roommate.:)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 06:11 PM
    If it's the "well known online community" I'm thinking of some people on there are looking for more then what they post. I would ask her why she only wants male roommates. If the response makes you uneasy I'd take some time to think it over.

It might be as innocent as she feels safer with a guy in her apartment to as devious as having a built in booty call.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 06:48 PM
    From a female point of view I would take a male roommate over a female anyday... my personal reason is I get along better with males than females, and I feel more protection if people knew a man was living with me but that is only my two cents. Good luck.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 06:50 PM

Guys treat her like she likes and are not catty....
    At least that's what she thinks.

She also thinks she's out of your league. So, relax. And see if you like the place and
    See if you can really feel comfortable walking around in your underwear and dealing with utility bills with a gal who you ain't going to be sleeping with :-)

Cheers and good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
    If it's to good to be true, better watch your A$$. I would be asking a lot of questions buddy.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    If it's to good to be true, better watch your A$$. I would be asking a lot of questions buddy.
    God idea:D
    Kattalover Posts: 120, Reputation: 20

Jul 27, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalk_man
    She requested only males in her search for a roommate, and shes drop dead gorgeous.
    My advice: Unless you're gay, find another place to live!

You describe yourself as "level headed", but I don't believe for a second that her being "drop dead gorgeous" hasn't had your thoughts wandering already. And if you're not attracted to her yet, I'm pretty sure you will be sooner or later. Sounds like this road leads to trouble.

Just my 2 cents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident involving Semi [ 4 Answers ]

I was in an accident two weeks ago where I was rear ended by a semi on the interstate when I slowed down and he didn't. His insurance company has admitted liability so there is no issue as to who is at fault. My question deals with money. My car was vauled at $10,500 but I had 11,000 left to pay...

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

Auto accident involving 3 cars [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. A while back I was in an accident. My Nissan Sentra was totalled. I was wondering if I was 100% at fault or possibly less, for my portion of the accident. How it happened: Several cars came around a bend. Around the bend was a stop sign with traffic backed up heavily, not able to be seen until...

Roommate Situation Has Become a Nightmare [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a roommate situation that has become very complicated. I rented a room from an original lease holder; month-to-month no written sublease or agreement (began March 2005). Sadly, after about 6 months of my living in the house, the leaser became ill and past away. His friend from...

View more questions Search