Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    organgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Foreclosure fees
    After a foreclosure, if the home sells for less than the homeowner owes, will the homeowner be responsible for the difference? Who pays legal fees?
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Jul 17, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Yes, the homeowner is responsible for the balance and the fees.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Your mortgage agreement (promissory note) should spell this out. But its generally true of any asset used as collateral for a loan. If the asset is reposssed and sold for less than the balance of the loan, the debtor is still responsible for that balance. They are also usually respopnsible for any fees involved in retrieving and disposing of the asset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USMLE fees, h1b attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a H1b visa in the US... my wife is a physician who is writing USMLE exams to get a residency in US... I was wondering if I can deduct all the usmle exam fees + costs of applying to residency programs (close to $5000) as expenses on my taxes? I also paid for the attorney fees to get my...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

Late fees [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a small town in California and recently sent in my payment for utilities (water, garbage and sewer). The bill was due on the 9th and I mailed it on the 6th. I just got a bill in the mail for $25 stating that I paid late. The total of the original bill was $65. Is it legal to charge...

Fees [ 2 Answers ]

Can the opposing attorney charge interest on money awarded on court costs? In California thanks

Non-resident fees [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your...

View more questions Search