Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molly3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Divorce, move info
    I am 18 and divorced and living with my parents.I have joint custody and have the primary resident for my 11 month old. We have lived with my parents sense the baby was 2 months old. My mom has been the sole babysitter while I work . I don't make much and can't afford a place to rent and all that comes with living on your own with a baby.We live in Texas and My dad got a job transfer to Wyoming.I am restricted from leaving Texas with the baby. I have proof that my ex smokes weed and also his little brother and his parents ,which is where he has his visitations with our child and he lives with his parents.What are my chances on getting a judge to give me sole custody and letting me move with my baby and parents.

I have voice recordings on him smoking with my younger brother who is 14 years old in his truck, and I have on the voice recorder saying he jacked his joint back from his mom and that yea mom I smoke like you too.( meaning his parents).I also have a police report on him and his parents for a altercation with them upon returning the baby from visitation ,yelling vulgar words in front of the baby and the grandma dropped a pack of cigarettes with a half smoked joint in the pack. Do you think I have a better chance with this info?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 04:57 PM
    There is always a chance, I hope you don't have to move soon, since this will take court action, and what is your proof, is it acceptable to the court,
    But I will say that pot smoking is not looked at as badly as it used to,
    What threat will he be to you're the child. It will go a lot easier if the father will sign to allow you to move.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 03:59 AM
    You seemed to have done your homework. Does this mean you really, really, want a divorce? Just kidding. But you two don't live together now and you want to cement things, right.

Do you mean, while taking care of his baby during his vistation time, he carried on like this. I would say for sure you had a good case against him. But why did you have to go through all this trouble if you are no longer living with hm. Isn't 3/4 of the battle won already?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 05:02 AM
    No I really don't think this will help much, the issue is not custody, I assume you already have custody, The issue is not grounds for divorce.

The issue is you moving and if the other parent can get proper visits.
    You may get his visits limited to supervised, but what you will have to provide the court is how he is going to get to visit. Who is going to pay for him to come see the child, will you take the child back, will he bring the child home.

You are wanting to get his rights taken away, and no this is not near enough for that, he can be sitting in prison and still keep his rights.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 05:32 AM
    I think you had better get a free consultation with a lawyer before you do anything.
    molly3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Family Law More Info
    I Want To Ask The Court To Give Him Supervised Visitation,and If They Let Me Move I Will Pay Half Of His Round Trip Flight And He Can Stay Free Of Charge While He Visits. And I Will Set Up A Web Cam So He Can See And Talk To Her On Line. I Will Prove A lot Of Other Stuff And That I Want My Child's Best Entrust In To Consideration.I Can Also Prove He Is Mentally Unstable And Has Talked About Killing Himself If He Couldn't Have Me. He Uses The Baby For These Purposes. I'm Young And He Is To. I Want To Prove That His Whole Family And There House Hold Have Apattern Of Drug Use.and That I Don't Want My Child To Be Raise In These Conditions.and That I Still Need Help From My Parents To Be The Mother I Want To Be. Do You Have Any More Knowledge On This Info?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

? About getting a family member to move [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I live in a single family home that is owned by his mother. She lives in an inlaw apartment over the garage. We pay her rent to live here. My husbands sister lives in the basement which is finished off and is supposed to be paying rent. Since my husband's father passed away...

Asking family member to move out of my house [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I live in the Bay Area, California and need to get my wife's over 18 year old son out of my house. He has never paid rent or helped out with anything. I need to sell the home and thus he needs to leave. He cannot go where I am moving to. Since he is a Lodger? can't I just tell him to...

Family Member Won't Move Out [ 3 Answers ]

My aunt owns her home. While she is not currently living there, she is helping her nephew out by letting him stay until he gets on his feet. There is no legal agreement (paperwork)... it was a verbal understanding, and when he moved in it was under the understanding that it was NOT permanent, and...

Family law [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change my sons name after 5 years?:confused:

Family Law [ 3 Answers ]

What is the child support guidelines in North Carolina if the custodial parent lives in New York with the child (18 y/o in college) and the non-custodial parent resides in North Carolina?

View more questions Search