Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Red_BSer's Avatar
    Red_BSer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 7, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Removing a family member
    I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area for this topic...

    I live in Michigan and own my own house. Back in October, one of my brothers asked if he could move in for a little while. He has been separated from his wife for several years and has been living in an over-priced apartment. Due to a back injury, he receives social security benefits. After paying rent, he doesn't have much left at the end of the month. He said he just needed to get his car fixed and then find a new place to live. Even though he and I haven't gotten along or even spoken in years, I agreed to let him stay there for a short time. He moved in the beginning of December, so it's about 2 1/2 months. He has gotten his car fixed but hasn't even begun looking for a new place. I have found many of my possessions in the trash and items destroyed. He has been verbally abusive almost the entire time he's been there and it is getting worse. I have had enough and told him that he needs to find a place and be out by the first week of March. He became very hostile, cursing at me and telling me that he's not going anywhere. He said that he would burn my belongings, my house and kill my pets. I was just trying to be a good person, helping him when he was down. I felt bad for him. Now, I just want him gone. He's made my life miserable since he's been there and now I fear for the safety of my home and pets. I go to work and worry all day about what I might find when I get home but I dread going home. One of my nephews, from another brother, lives with me and has witnessed everything. If I call the police, will they just say it's a family dispute? I just want him gone... NOW. What can I do?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 7, 2007, 07:41 AM
    He is a tresapasser as well as an abusive one. Call the police tell them he has threatened you and you want him arrested and a restraining order placed on him. As soon as this happenes move his belongings into a storage facility and change the locks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

Disruptive Family Member [ 8 Answers ]

To make a long story short; the family member who's disruptive is my boyfriend's sister in law and we don't know what to do. His family is chinese and she's very traditional and so she's going by those rules and so forth. She married his oldest brother in February 2004 and his father welcomed her...

Horrific family member [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here it is. I live with my aunt who has raised me since I was seven years old, so she is pretty much my parent. She also raised my sister and my brother on and of (him). I have a son who is like her grandson. I moved out to go to college and then I moved back in because I was in a terrible...

View more questions Search