Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sandycane's Avatar
    sandycane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 15, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Mobile Home Foreclosure
    My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he is not strong enough to walk or move around by himself. The doctor is suggesting that my husband go to a nursing home for an extended period. If so, his SS would have to help pay for that and on my salary I cannot afford to pay for the mobile home. If we let the mobile home "go back" could they garnish his SSI? Also, could they garnish my wages?

    Thank you.
    Cvillecpm's Avatar
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28
    Senior Member

    Sep 15, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Probably not. You need to talk to an attorney knowledgeable about SSI benefits; however, generally, goventment benefits can not be garnished.

    In most states, mobile homes are private property and are not foreclosed as "real" property or real estate.

    You need to have a discussion with the bank/lender on the mobile home and see what can be arranged.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Sep 15, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Have you tried selling the mobile home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossession or foreclosure... [ 6 Answers ]

We currently own a mobile home in a mobile home park in the state of Iowa. We have been trying to sell our home for close to a year now, with no luck. About four months ago, we decided to sell the home to the mobile home park the home is in, for significantly less than what we owe. We purchased...

Mobile Home Finacing [ 5 Answers ]

I am selling my mobile home and giving a loan to the new buyer. If he doesn’t make his payments, I want to know what document I need to start the Repossession process in California. I assume I give him a formal warning. Is that after 30 days? I find the information on the internet is for the...

Repossesion of a Mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

When can they take the home legally

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

View more questions Search