Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    rta3cookies's Avatar
    rta3cookies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
    How to evict a family member in Washington
    We have a frind who is like family that we want out of our home we made an agreement that he's pay a third of all the bills and is no loger do that. Also his child has distroyed property and has voltent tendencise that we no longer whis to live with.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Dec 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
    You write a notice to quit for non payment and destruction of property, and then evict. Eviction needs to be started down at your court house, and will take a minimum of 30 days.
    This would be true if they are family or not, minor child or adult child.
    If any violence against you happens, call the police, and get a restraining order.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
    It doesn't matter whether they are a family member or not. If there was an agreement to pay rent and they stop paying you can give them a pay or quit notice. Is this Wash State or Wash DC. the length of time for a pay or quit is different.

    If they don't pay in full, then you go to court for an eviction order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evict family member [ 1 Answers ]

Evict family member from our home in V.B.Va.

Evict family member [ 1 Answers ]

How can we get a family member out of the house, What Florida form is needed to remove a 26 yr old son from my house? He has never paid rent or done anything around my house. He has no car or job or money!!

Trying to evict a family member [ 5 Answers ]

I am a parent of an verbally abusive daughter who lives in my home with me. She is 35 years of age and resides here also with her 13 year old daughter. I have decided since the situation has been getting worse and I feel like a prisoner of my own home that after 7 1/2 years of dealing with this I...

How to evict a Family member [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im my mother's power of attorney. My 28 year old nephew (deceased brother's son) is refusing to pay room and board to my 80 year old mother. He only works part time . And rarely does anything for her. Im concerned for her safety . His mother ( ex sister-inlaw) and most of her family are...

View more questions Search