Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Worried Daughter's Avatar
    Worried Daughter Posts: 3, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Mar 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
    How to evict a Family member
    Hi, Im my mother's power of attorney. My 28 year old nephew (deceased brother's son) is refusing to pay room and board to my 80 year old mother. He only works part time . And rarely does anything for her. Im concerned for her safety . His mother ( ex sister-inlaw) and most of her family are drug users. How do I go about evicting him.
    Squiffy's Avatar
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84
    Full Member

    Mar 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Does he have a tenency agreement, or any other legal right to live there? If not it shpoud be as simple as telling him he has to sign one, and so pay board, or leave. If he refuses, change the locks and move his stuff into storage for him to collect within a month!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
    In this case it appears he is a renter, since you say he is refusing to pay room and board.

    Next remember a POA can only act on the others behalf, so if you say move then your mom says it is OK you don't have to, she has just cancelled what you said. So you have to be sure she will say and back up what you are saying.

    But you give them a notice of eviction based on the time frame of the rental method they are to be paying, monthy?? Most likely.
    And if they still don't move, you file for an eviction with the court.
    Worried Daughter's Avatar
    Worried Daughter Posts: 3, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Mar 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Thank You for answering my email.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

Evict family member. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you direct me in how to evict an addicted family member from my apartment. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Thank you

Remove a family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can I remove an adult family member from my home She does not follow any rules and does not help out or do anything. She comes and goes when she feels like it and is upsetting the house hold

Evict family member in my apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know how to use the above icons, anyhow, how do I go about evicting a son, whom is living in my apartment. He is not supposed to be here. I have called the police and they said give him 30 days. I can't handle another 30 days. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I need help quick...

Bad family member [ 11 Answers ]

Hi gang, You all know I'm an old retired dude with a quacky sense of humor sometimes. I have loved being here with all of you and helping people who ask for it.. I've come to see us all as family and I also know we sometimes disagree, and that's fine because we are all different with different...

View more questions Search