I am the President of my Home Owners Association. We have a couple of homowners who refuse to pay their home owner dues. It clearly states in our bylaws that we reserve the right to file a lien against your house if you are delinquent in paying your dues. My questions are, do we need a lawyer to file a lien or could your average Joe do it and what is the average cost of filing a lien?