Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    oscarculp's Avatar
    oscarculp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Foreclosure procedure
    I sold property & carried the note on a first deed of trust. They have quit making payments and they will not return my calls. I will be sending a demand letter to them to bring up payments or I will start foreclosure in 10 days. My questions is what do I do if they don't bring up the payments? Is there specific forms to start the foreclosure? This was all done through a Title company. The property is in Arizona. How do I evict them after foreclosure?
    Dr D's Avatar
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127
    Senior Member

    Jul 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I believe that you will have to hire an attorney specializing in foreclosures. Most likely the Title Company is the Trustee; you are the Beneficiary; and the buyer is the Trustor. You can check with the Title Company, but they probably don't do foreclosures. First there will have to be a Substitution of Trustee, with the attorney being made the new Trustee. Then he/she will have recorded and send out a Notice of Trustee Sale to the Trustor. The Trustor will have a minimum of 90 days to cure the default and pay all costs incurred by you. Failing that, the property will be sold at a Trustee Sale. If no one bids higher than the total that you are owed, the property will go back to you with a Trustee Deed. If the Trustor is not willing to vacate the property, you may have to apply for a Writ of Restitution to physicall recover the property. On the last point I am not sure, because that is used in a rental situation. Good luck.

    Correction: Some Title Companies will do a foreclosure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hsg procedure [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. This month I am having a hsg done. Checking tubes to see if they are blocked. Does anyone know if this procedure is very painfull

Procedure for a summons [ 2 Answers ]

I was named on a Civil Suit with another person. This person was served the summons with my name on it also. Does that mean I am served also, or do they still need to serve me paper on the suit? Also, I am not even in the same country and haven't been for several months. Do, they have to serve...

Eviction Procedure [ 19 Answers ]

OK I'm going to make this short but simple.. I have a court date to go to court on March 21st to evict me from my apartment due to non payment of rent.. How long from the day in court do I have to stay here.I need to know as soon as possible as Iam on a very low income and I recive only a minimum...

View more questions Search