Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ldyelizabeth's Avatar
    ldyelizabeth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 30, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Evict a grown child
    How do I evict a grown child who refuses to follow house rules and refuses to move out ?
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Apr 30, 2009, 07:05 AM

    Hello l:

    You go to court and file for an eviction. You'll have a hearing, and if the offending party doesn't leave, you call the sheriff and he'll be escorted out.

    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Apr 30, 2009, 07:36 AM

    The same way you would evict any tenant. A child who has grown up in the house is considered a resident and has to be removed like any tenant.

    Go to your local housing court and find out the exact process. Generally you have to give him a written notice to vacate within 30 days. If he still hasn't left you file for an eviction order. If he ignores the eviction order you hire a sherrif to physically remove him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a disrespectful 22 year old child [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 22 and lives with me. I raised him as a single mother since his dad and I divorced and the dad moved out of the country - barely seeing him in 12 years. So, its been my full job. My son has emotional issues. He is easily depressed with bouts of anger and major issues of disrespect...

How to evict an adult child from home? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello - My 18 yr old son needs to figure out life on his own. High school drop out, no job or motivation. He is 6' 4'' and refusing to budge - so how do I go about legally evicting an adult child from family home? Thanks for your advice...

Evict adult child [ 8 Answers ]

How do I evict an adult child from my home in pa?

How to evict adult child [ 1 Answers ]

We have an adult child whom we need to evict. She is 27 years old, works but refuses to help out with any household expenses, rent, utilities, food etc. She prefers to use her money for her personal entertainment. How do we go about evicting her as she has never paid rent to us? wptav

Going back to collect maintenance for my grown child [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering how I would go about to collect child support over the years for my now 27 year old daughter. Her dad has always told her that when she ever needed help that he would help her. Well I should have known better. When I left him she was 2 years old and she went to visit every...

View more questions Search