Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tranly's Avatar
    tranly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Amended in Change of Ownership form
    I live in Milpitas, CA. My parents sold me their house. Since the house was paid off, there was no escrow involved. We only filed a new Grant Deed and Change of Ownership form. Unfortunately, at the time of filling the paperwork, we didn't realized the "Value of Trade" field is the "selling price" of the house. We thought it was the value at which the house is currently appraised by the county property tax. So my question is, can we amended the Change of Ownership form with the correct price? Do you also know if there is a time limit when the change must be filled? Thank you very much!
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    May 29, 2012, 10:02 AM
    I would guess that this Grant Deed and Change of Ownership form is something the tax assessor &/or recorder require for their purposes. You should ask them how to amend it. I wouldn't expect it to be a problem.
    tranly's Avatar
    tranly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Thanks AK for your quick response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 1099 amended [ 1 Answers ]

Want to amend 1999 misc

What is the best form of ownership for real estate broker [ 2 Answers ]

If I was starting a real estate broker what would be the best way to start it? Sole proprietor, or a corporation. etc...

Change Name on Deed - have 1/2 ownership [ 1 Answers ]

I own 1/2 of a rental property (my name is on deed), the other 1/2 owner wants to "sign over" his half to me and make me primary owner since I pay all the taxes, maintenance, etc. How do we proceed?

Property ownership change [ 2 Answers ]

My parents are giving me their home all I have to do is pay taxes ,what do I need to do to change the name on the deed to mine? Do I have fill out a warranty deed?

View more questions Search