Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    anne2641's Avatar
    anne2641 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 8, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Add my husband to the deed of my house
    I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Basically you would process a quit claim deed deeding the property from yourself to yourself and your husband as joint tenants.

    A title company can handle this for a small fee.
    charlie123's Avatar
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19
    Junior Member

    Dec 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
    I am no expert - but I would think you would have a real estate attorney draw up a new deed & then record it for you. I used to loans when I worked for a bank...
    mjinms's Avatar
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0
    Junior Member

    Dec 23, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anne2641
    I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy
    Go to office depot and see if they have basic deed forms that you can fill in or type up yourself. You will also have to pay a filing fee to the court house. You can call a court clerk and get a price by phone. You may find examples on the internet that you can use.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692

    Dec 24, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Yes as mjinms said, there are forms on various "legal forms" web sites, there are many good ones that allow fill in the blank.

    And places like Office Depo and Staples all have kits you can buy both on computer disk or paper or both.

    This is one of the easiest forms of transfers and is simple to do if you can follow basic instructions.
    Cvillecpm's Avatar
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28
    Senior Member

    Dec 24, 2006, 08:27 AM
    You need a quit claim deed specific to your state and with your property legal description... this is NOT a do-it-yourself matter. Have an attorney or title company do it correctly as a "grant/gift deed" so no conveyance tax is required to be paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add name to house deeds but not mortgage? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in the UK. My partner and I own a house, but at the moment the mortgage is in his name and only his name appears on the house deeds. The reason why the mortgage was not in joint names initially is because I was unemployed at the time of applying. I have contacted several solicitors to...

How to add spouses name to deed on house... [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to go about adding my name to the deed of our house. Who would I see... realtor, title company... and what forms do we need to fill out?

How do I add my name to my moms deed [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this,, I would like to know how should go about adding my name to the deed of my moms house, she has cancer and she is not doing well at all I live with her, but my name is not on the deed, and we still have a..

How to add my name on my house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have been living with my husband for 14 yrs but we been married for 4 years. We brought the house together but my name is not on the deed? How can I add my name on it Thank Kanndice

How to add spouse's name to deed on house [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my name to the deed on my home? It is only in my husbands name. We moved in the house together 28 years ago. We have been married 26 years. The house is paid for.

View more questions Search