Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dolimen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 05:26 AM
    My Recurring Dream
    Good Morning:

I lost my second husband nearly 16-months ago. He was ill for 7 months with a Glioblastoma Tumor in his brain. We had been married for 19 years and sadly got divorced on November 18, 2003 (biggest mistake we both ever made in our lives as we still loved each other). He was diagnosed with the tumor on January 2005. We remarried two months later and became soulmates all during his illness. Unfortunately, he passed away on August 19, 2005.

Just about every evening for the past week I have been dreaming that he is still on this planet and though he has been ill has a new girlfriend and last night I dreamt that they were getting married on December 11th of this year (which was obviously this passed Monday). In the dream I am asking him for his telephone # in case I have to get in touch with him, however, he tells me that it is not a good idea. He also tells me that he is at a mall at the food court. I ask him if his new girlfriend is with him and he tells me that she is. I wake up frustrated and angry. It may help you to know that I have a new gentleman in my life (since this past September).

I had this same dream after I lost my first husband while married to my second husband. I do not know if this has to do with being with another man after my husband died.

It is very bothersome, especially since we were so much in love while he was ill and after he passed. Since he passed away he was giving me many signs that he was still with me, however, I do not receive anymore signs from him.

Could you please help me...

Thank you,

Dolimen
    annifarkle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolimen
    Good Morning:

I lost my second husband nearly 16-months ago. He was ill for 7 months with a Glioblastoma Tumor in his brain. We had been married for 19 years and sadly got divorced on November 18, 2003 (biggest mistake we both ever made in our lives as we still loved each other). He was diagnosed with the tumor on January 2005. We remarried two months later and became soulmates all during his illness. Unfortunately, he passed away on August 19, 2005.

Just about every evening for the past week I have been dreaming that he is still on this planet and though he has been ill has a new girlfriend and last night I dreamt that they were getting married on December 11th of this year (which was obviously this passed Monday). In the dream I am asking him for his telephone # in case I have to get in touch with him, however, he tells me that it is not a good idea. He also tells me that he is at a mall at the food court. I ask him if his new girlfriend is with him and he tells me that she is. I wake up frustrated and angry. It may help you to know that I have a new gentleman in my life (since this past September).

I had this same dream after I lost my first husband while married to my second husband. I do not know if this has to do with being with another man after my husband died.

It is very bothersome, especially since we were so much in love while he was ill and after he passed. Since he passed away he was giving me many signs that he was still with me, however, I do not receive anymore signs from him.

Could you please help me.......

Thank you,

Dolimen
    Being with a new man after your husband dies triggers this dream. It's a way of not feeling guilty for starting a new relationship. Your husband doesn't give you his number because he can't- no further physical contact is possible because he's on the other side. His new girlfriend, beyond giving you permission to move on yourself, also represents your husband's new life on the other side which you cannot be a part of. Your frustration and anger are understandable. Frustration usually occurs when we see no way out. You feel frustrated and angry because you are in the middle of a move from one relationship to the next. And not voluntarily. Your husband calls from the food court which represents nourishment- in this case the soul kind of nourishment- love. So that just reinforces that this dream is about love.

It's OK to love again - you know this from having gone through this before. Your husband will be glad when you find love again. Love is unlimited in the universe at large. It's only on this plane of existence that we see limitation. Give yourself permission to love your husband and this new man. There's no disloyalty when you do. Ann
    Dolimen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annifarkle
    Being with a new man after your husband dies triggers this dream. It's a way of not feeling guilty for starting a new relationship. Your husband doesn't give you his number because he can't- no further physical contact is possible because he's on the other side. His new girlfriend, beyond giving you permission to move on yourself, also represents your husband's new life on the other side which you cannot be a part of. Your frustration and anger are understandable. Frustration usually occurs when we see no way out. You feel frustrated and angry because you are in the middle of a move from one relationship to the next. And not voluntarily. Your husband calls from the food court which represents nourishment- in this case the soul kind of nourishment- love. So that just reinforces that this dream is about love.

It's OK to love again - you know this from having gone through this before. Your husband will be glad when you find love again. Love is unlimited in the universe at large. It's only on this plane of existence that we see limitation. Give yourself permission to love your husband and this new man. There's no disloyalty when you do. Ann
    Dear Ann:

Thank you so much for reinforcing what I thought might be causing these dreams to occur. God bless you and yours during this holiday season. Dolimen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I dream this up? [ 2 Answers ]

Or was there really a show that had a little blonde girl singing with some dogs,possibly bassets, in her bedroom. They would only come alive when she was alone. They each sang a different song with her. Does anyone else remember that show?I need the name of it.

Recurring leaks from new dishwasher supply hoses [ 4 Answers ]

I have just installed a dishwasher in my new kitchen. My second supply hose in 3 days has just developed a leak. The first time I thought it was a faulty hose (or the dog chewed it!). Now I am not so sure. I have attached a photo of the damage, which was identical on both hoses. The hose does loop...

Recurring dream [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having dreams about my first love since we broke up in High school. I haven't spoken to him in 6 years. I always wake up broken-hearted and really missing him. It's not every night but every couple of months. I always remember the dreams that I have about this guy. It's driving me...

Recurring theme in dreams [ 6 Answers ]

For years, in practically every dream I have, whether it's a pleasant dream or a nightmare, and in whatever setting the dream is, the house I lived in at age 5 is present. In nightmares, I'm trapped in the house or someone is trying to get in to hurt me, etc. In pleasant dreams, the house is just...

Recurring dream theme [ 1 Answers ]

I would appreciate some help trying to figure out the recurring theme I have for some dreams. I keep pondering and I'm just not sure. In these dreams I see words that I can never make out what the words are. In one particular dream I told myself that next time I dreamed about seeing words or...

View more questions Search