Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slydog96002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Help Me!
    I meet up with a old boyfriend from my high school days, we went out for coffee and talk he seemed interested in starting up were we left off but never called me? I was very mean to him at the time we broke up. And he said that I hurt him a lot but he was over it now. Then why does he act like he still cares but he keeps his distance from me? Should I forget it and goes on and date other people? I still care for him a lot but don't want to wait for him to make up his mind.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2006, 04:04 AM
    There is not such thing as starting where you left off. No such thing so please do not be waiting for that to happen. As far as you hurting him. He probably has a big wall of protection up. Why would you wait for him to make up his mind when it only sounds like you went out as friends. Coffee and talk. People who have a history still will care for somebody whether they want to see them again or not. Does not mean that he wants you back. How long after this get together did this person not call? You need to make your own decisions. I know it is easier to ask somebody else because then the responsibility is off your shoulders and you can blame somebody else if it does not work out. You say you do not want to wait. Follow what you feel is right for you. You do not want to wait, then do not wait. Go on.

Joe
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Waiting without a mutually agreed upon reason to wait is a fool's game. If you are still interested in him, let him know. I would be saying the same thing to him too. If your overture of interest is rejected, remind yourself it is a survivable event. But waiting to let the other party be the one taking all the risk is going to get you passed by. How do you think its going to be different though and not end up as before? I would think about that for a bit. If you don't have tangible reasons it is significantly different, I would suggest that its not wise to attempt a second go at it. Doing the same thing usually gets the same results, especially in relationships. I would write it off that it was nice that he was nice to you but that is all it was really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search