Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dallen1174 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Uncle Has Stolen the Trist Money
    I have been battling my uncle in probate court for 2 and 1/2 years and finally had him removed as the executor to my grandmothers Trust. The court has appointed a new executor and ordered my uncle to turn over all the books and assets to the new executor.

So he went to the bank where the trust was held, and took out the $321,000.00 held in that trust and put it into a Bank account under his name, leaving the trust account closed. When does that become criminal. What should I do next?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 09:48 PM
    That became criminal when he put it in his name alone. The new executor should first have the court put a freeze on the bank account, and notify the DA of the theft.
    okletsgo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Was his name solely on this trust account
    dallen1174 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2008, 05:33 PM
    No he was the trustee when my Grandmother passed away. There are 4 beneficiaries to the trust and he was removed as trustee on July 18th 2007, by court order. On the 19th he went to the Bank and closed the account in the name of the trust. Took the cashiers check to another Bank and opened a new account under his name and social security number. And refuses to turn over the assets to the new court appointed executor
    okletsgo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Wow perhaps the bank it self could be able to assist you they to could be at fault
    gail123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 12:49 PM

You definitely should hire a good estate lawyer. The cost could come out of the estate money. The lawyer will make sure everything is correct

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing Uncle in Pa. [ 1 Answers ]

My Uncle was beat up in a robery in Wilkes Barre, Pa. and put into a "home" I think it's Amberview Pa. 19560 this is only hearsay I have tried to locate him to no avail. His name is DONALD RAY HECK... I now live in Florida and would like to find him PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU......

Stolen Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hey My ex-boyfriend and I had been together for 8 months. However during that time he hadn't been working much. When food needed to be paid for and fuel, I paid for it. When he moved into his new place, I paid for the bed, sheets etc. Problem is, I'm now in debt of $2000. Money that he owes...

Stolen money and ring [ 1 Answers ]

In rreference to my question about my landlord stealing my money and engagement ring I was advised by a lawyer to send a demand letter to my exlandlord first. Do you think that is a good idea?

Stolen money [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to...

View more questions Search