Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    russharv63's Avatar
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Aug 3, 2014, 11:53 AM
    How can I prove my manager committed a certain crime when he was a juvenile?
    I live in Virginia and I came across my fast food managers name on the internet. It listed a rape crime with his first and last name and city matching my managers. That is all I have is the same first and last name matching. The same city matching and the fact that this person committed this crime in 9/06 at the age of 16. And my manager is 24 years old now. How could I find out if my manager is the same person mentioned on the internet who committed this crime when he was a juvenile?
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,506, Reputation: 1860

    Aug 3, 2014, 12:05 PM
    What business it is of yours what your superior did or did not do when they where a juvenile ?
    Is a background check a requirement of employment ??
    russharv63's Avatar
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Aug 3, 2014, 12:15 PM
    I like to know who I am working with. You got a problem with that?
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,506, Reputation: 1860

    Aug 3, 2014, 12:24 PM
    You seem to be jumping to conclusions here and poking your nose into something that doesn't overly concern you.
    Are you the hiring manager or have other sway in the employment or HR process ?
    odinn7's Avatar
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

    Aug 3, 2014, 01:05 PM
    I have to say, many of your recent questions seem to deal with problems with employers. Do you have it in for this guy for some reason? I mean, I don't think to do background searches on people I work with so it just seems odd.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Aug 3, 2014, 01:44 PM
    Rape or statutory rape? Class 1 Misdemeanor or one of several classes of Felony?
    If you don't have a clue, stay out of it.
    For all you know, his girlfriend's parents had him charged when she was 15 and he was 16.

    My state recently released a man after 21 YEARS in prison, convicted of rape and murder. Only DNA proved he didn't do it. You do know that prisons are full of people who were convicted before DNA could be used for evidence, and that every year, some more are proven innocent based on DNA?
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

    Aug 3, 2014, 01:52 PM
    I have a very unusual name, not first, but last. If you do a search you'll find hundreds of people with the same name, first and last. None of them are me.

    So you're basing this on a search online. That's a bunch of bull.

    If you don't like this boss, get another job. Obviously the people that hired him are okay with him working there. Unless you own the place, and your responsible for hiring people, it's none of your business, and you should keep your nose out of it.

    Instead of worrying so much about who you're working with, concentrate more one what you were hired to do, which is work!
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,827, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

    Aug 3, 2014, 02:01 PM
    Unless you can convince a Judge to unseal juvenile records, you cannot link your manager to anything that happened when he was 16. If you want to waste a grand or two, you can hire an attorney to look into it. If you try to investigate this yourself, you open yourself up for Invasion of Privacy and Stalking charges.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Aug 3, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by russharv63 View Post
    I like to know who I am working with. You got a problem with that?
    Actually I DO have a problem with it. You have no clue if this was the same person, and if he was you have no understanding of exact nature of the crime. Such a crime committed 8 years ago doesn't mean he is the same person. You know the person he is now and that should be enough for you. If you pursue this you could get in trouble for defamation or harassment. At the least you could get fired.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Aug 3, 2014, 03:56 PM
    CONCERN about several things:
    You have high blood pressure, yet you don't sound very old
    You spent 5 years in prison for a violent wounding
    You were upset that a manager (last year, don't know if it's the same one) hadn't been charged with a felony.
    There were problems with the manager of a place you were living, and now this thing bothering you.

    I'm wondering if your HBP is related to your behavior, which sounds volatile, and at the very least confrontational.
    Do YOU think there might be a connection?
    I'm 67 and have HBP and can get quite angry these days, at times.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Aug 4, 2014, 06:11 AM
    Jobs in fast food are meant to be first jobs... not career positions... ( even the managers are really not career positions). Sounds like this isn't your first job and even if it is.. you have to learn that some things aren't your business. And that most people are At-Will employees, meaning you can get fired just for looking at them wrong. And many things you can be fired for will prevent you from collecting unemployment. As was pointed out... Time to focus on fixing yourself, before you waste time on something certain to get you fired, at the very least.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Being charged as an adult when crime was committed as juvi [ 11 Answers ]

My son committed a crime at 14 the cops waited till he was 17 then charged him as an adult sentenced him to prison followed by probation. He now has a violation at 22 years old still for the crime com!mited at 14.they say his points score him out to prison again. Is it legal for them to access...

Need to know if a crime has been committed? [ 2 Answers ]

A lady told me in conversation, that she knows a young lady who was born in March 1991 (that would make her 21 at present time) and she has a four year old daughter. If the guy in question who is more than twice the young lady's age, is the children's biological, will that fall under statutory rape?

Life after doing time for a crime not committed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband currently served 10 years in prison because he refused to plea guilty to false charges, and became a sex offender. The D.A. Took all his evidence and threw it out and only persuaded the judge on hear say. What happened was his ex-wife wanted custody of their daughter and had her other...

Suffering from depression when crime was committed [ 5 Answers ]

When I was arrested for embezzlement I was sufffering from depression my 20yr. Old son just came back from Iraq on June 3, 2008 and My 40 yr. old younger brother died unexpectly of a heart attack on June 11.2008 and I had to have heart surgrey on July 16,2008. Will the court take all of that into...

View more questions Search