Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Birding Africa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Canon ip3000 - Error 54 - Print Head
    Our canon prixma ip3000 printer has been working absolutely fine until now. When we try to print an error number 54 pops up stating that the print head is not installed. This has never happened before. We did replace the black ink a few days ago but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Birding,

Please make sure that when you changed the cartridges that you did not throw away the print head!

Also, when I purchased a Pixima, I had the same failure on the printer when I installed it about a year after I purchased it.

I squabbled several times with Cannon and finally took the printer in for a quick check and it was determined that there was a code problem on my printer so even though it was out of warranty, Canon replaced it for the current model printer, at no charge to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run-time error when I try to print from AOL [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I try to print a web page from Aol, I get a run-time error. AOL could not help me, none of their suggestions worked. Resetting Windows Explorer to ignore script errors did not work. Any suggestions?

Canon BJC-2100 print head [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've a problem with a printer Canon BJC-2100. When I turn it on, the print head moves in the middle and stops there, no matter the printer is connected or isn't connected to the computer. When I turn off the printer, the print head remains in the middle. What means this?? The print head...

Canon ip 3000 pixma printer head problem [ 0 Answers ]

Printer about 1 year old. The black only sporadically prints on a page. Some lines print out faintly, others not at all. The ink is 80% full, ran several cleanings and deep cleanings to no avail. I was printing several pages and this happened all of a sudden. I believe it has something to do...

View more questions Search