Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhen49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 09:13 AM
    HP Printer 950
    My HP All in One 950 psc printer works fine on the print function, but on copy and on scan it will say "warming up" and just sit there. I have turned off, unplugged, reset, and still nothing. Occasionally it will work, but usually not.
    Any suggestions? Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Hi, jhen,
    One thing you could do is to uninstall the printer, then reinstall it, using the Install CD.
    That might fix it, but not sure.
    Another thing would be to visit the manufacturer's website, if you haven't already, click on Downloads, find your particular printer, and see if there are any Updated patches to Download.
    My own scanner would do similar things, until I finally found an update patch for it. It's an Epson.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and if you have any questions, please post back. I am sure others will also answer your questions.

Here is the link to HP downloads for updated drivers and software for your printer:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
    If you haven't checked at the above site, it might help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jhen49
    My HP All in One 950 psc printer works fine on the print function, but on copy and on scan it will say "warming up" and just sit there. I have turned off, unplugged, reset, and still nothing. Occasionally it will work, but usually not.
    Any suggestions? Thanks
    If it works occasionally, its probably not hardware but a driver issue. I'm surprised that's not the first thing HP suggested.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Feb 7, 2006, 01:26 PM
    From what you have said, I would guess that the scanner unit on the device is faulty. Just to be sure though, does it do the same from PC and directly on the unit?

If so, it's nothing to do with your computer effectively you could disconnect this unit from the PC and it would still behave this way? Is it under warranty because I think it needs a repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer woes! [ 1 Answers ]

HP laserjet printer 5MP stopped printing today. The printer folder comes on and flashes and when brought up states that a printer time out error occurred.The solution is to increase the time but this has not helped. Does anyone know how to correct this problem so that the printer will resume...

Which printer is best? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, slightly similar to another thread, but not quite. I'm looking to buy a printer, just for printing out Word documents, invoices, scripts and that sort of thing. I would be potentially running off about a hundred pages a week minimum. I am sick of paying extortionate...

Which printer should I go with? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been considering purchasing a printer that has the capability of printing onto DVDs and CDs, which I see Epson is really taking up on. Currently, I have a very nice Dell All-In-One Printer with LCD screen, etc... and it works great, but ALL cartridges must be bought from Dell, which tends...

Printer [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo Printer that I want to install on the Windows XP. When I get to a certain point of in the installing, it reads that if I continue it may impair or destablize the operation of the system. It will let me continue or quit. Would the Epson work with the XP?

View more questions Search