Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherry2190 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Chance of pregnancy with pre ?
    I had unprotected contact with my boyfriend but it only lasted less than 1min and he didn't ejaculate during or before that time, is there a chance of pregnancy?and I was supposed to have my period on that day too but my breast started to get sore that day also.I took home pregnancy tests but they came out negative but I'm still curious. NOw ten days after I'm bleeding I think its my period but I'm not sure because its ten days late. Is there a chance of me being pregnant?:(
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 09:57 PM
    There's a lot of conflicting info about precum and potential pregnancy. J_9, our health expert, will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is that precum has no sperm... with the exception that sperm was left in the urethra from a previous, recent ejaculation without urination after.

The other problem is that many times what people think is precum could actually be seminal fluid... that the precum isn't just the only thing that can come out pre orgasm... so the timing of the withdrawl, if that's what you did, could be wrong.

So... did your guy get himself off earlier and not urinate? If so, then its possible. Otherwise, and again... we'll let others correct me if I'm wrong, I think the chance is small to none.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Although I agree the a chance is small that you could get pregnant... I disagree about precum. Especially since it only takes 1 sperm to fertilize the egg. In this situation I would think the chance is very low that you are pregnant. That said, any unprotected sex is just that... unprotected. From both disease and pregnancy. I do agree that
    J_9 will have a better working knowledge of this and hope she gives us all the thumbs up or thumbs down on this... Try not to worry. That's more likely to make you late than pregnancy at this time.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 8, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Worrying about being pregnant could make your period late and stress is a facotr. I have had late periods before and not be pregnant. It is a very small chance that you are pregnant and almost impossible. Pre has been said not to contain sperm but if he missed and some sperm went inside of you you can get pregnant but again this is still rare for the one time having sex. Most people have sex over a 100 times before getting pregnant and that is including ejacuating inside. It is always possible of getting pregnant from one time but slim to none.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 01:54 AM
    I have copied and pasted from my STICKY

This site has many women asking if they are pregnant or not. Many women believe that since their man used the withdrawal method that they cannot get pregnant. While I understand the reasoning behind this belief, the withdrawal method is NOT a reliable form of birth control and can in fact result in pregnancy.

Now as we all know, with a woman sexual arousal includes lubrication of the vagina. What many people do now know that men who are sexually aroused also become lubricated. The difference is that it is obvious with a woman, but virtually invisible with a man.

The inside of the penis must be lubricated in order for ejaculation to occur. Within this lubrication there are millions of sperm. Some people call this pre-ejaculate. The man is not aware of this happening in 99% of the occasions. So the vagina is exposed to pre-ejaculate and sperm.

THE PROS AND CONS OF WITHDRAWAL

PROS

Withdrawal can be used every time
    Withdrawal may be added to other forms of birth control to increase effectiveness
    Withdrawal is free
    Withdrawal does not require a prescription or manipulation of a mechanism

CONS

Withdrawal is not considered a reliable form of birth control
    The woman must have complete trust on the man’s ability to withdraw
    Pre-ejaculation, which contains sperm, occurs without the knowledge of the man
    Some men have difficulty timing their ejaculation and/or withdrawal.

So, if you ladies are experiencing any pregnancy symptoms and your man has been using the withdrawal method, please take a home pregnancy test or visit your doctor.

Sources: Amercianpregnancy.org

From what you are deseribing, it sounds as though you were just late for your period. Once ovulation occurs you have approximately 18 hours in which the egg is viable for fertalization.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 06:14 PM
    1. Highly likely that there is at least a few sperms present in the pre-ejaculate.

2. You were due to have a period on the day, this makes it highly unlikley you are pregnant-you have bleeding and it is now ten days later. This would most certainly be menstruation.

3. The use of a pregnancy test only a day later is inaccurate, with most tests. Many work (just), from three days minimum after the event.

There is a saying that people who use the withdrawal method they are called "parents". Haha.

To cut a long story short You are probably not pregnant.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy681
    worrying about being pregnant could make your period late and stress is a facotr. I have had late periods before and not be pregnant. It is a very small chance that you are pregnant and almost impossible. Pre has been said not to contain sperm but if he missed and some sperm went inside of you you can get pregnant but again this is still rare for the one time having sex. Most people have sex over a 100 times before getting pregnant and that is including ejacuating inside. It is always possible of getting pregnant from one time but slim to none.
    Be careful with this advice-there is a method of birth control/child sex determination used sucsessfully by my wife and I, (we have two children a girl and a boy) called the "Billings method".

Sex can take place at the right time just at or before ovulation ONCE and pregnancy is highly likely to occur
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 07:32 AM
    It's a point worth noting...

Have I had unprotected sex with a partner without getting her pregnant? Yes.

Have I had protected sex with a partner and she became pregnant? Yes.

People like this (stating most unprotected sex doesn't result in preg) are bewildered when they become pregnant on the pill, which has something like a 1% failure with perfect use and 5% failure with "typical" use. Uh... it might "sound" good to have a 95% chance of not getting pregnant, but those odds aren't really all that great folks. It's the same as 1 in 20.

My beautiful son is a perfect example of a pregnancy that occurred during use of birth control and was not planned on. Glad he is here. Was a surprise.

People who state "slim to none" with unprotected sex are really fooling themselves. It might be true that most of the time it doesn't happen, but it just takes once...

May 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Still the chances of gettting pregnant from pre- is VERY rare, especially if it only happened one time and the withdrawel method was used. It usually takes a women at minimum 6-12 months or longer to get pregnant having sex on a regular basis, trying hard to conceive. Not using the pull-out method. I just gave my example because me and my partner have been using the pull out method for 7 years and I have not been pregnant. My best friend got pregnant after 2 years of trying and now she used the pull out method and she don't want any more children but she has been using it longer than I have and haven't got pregnant. Okay, Okay some men may not pull out in time or really don't care to pull out in time or do not know how to but from my experiences it has been safe. But possibly for younger guys who do not care, it would be best to use a form of birth control and it is always better because it is safer and you don't have to worry at the end of the month if you are prengnant or not.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Anything that can get so much as one live sperm to the vagina can cause a pregnancy, Precum, heavy petting where hands can go from the penis to the vagina at any point from the first precum to after the climax can result in an unwanted pregnancy. I can't stress this too much.
    pmatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 07:22 AM
    We were told in school the erect penis starts leaking sperm straight away.

May 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
    An erect penis leaks a fluid but there is NO sperm inside of that fluid.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Don't bet on that!
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 08:53 AM
    An erect penis leaks a fluid but there is NO sperm inside of that fluid.
    That's how a LOT of young girls end up pregnant.
    misdenise1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
    I can honestly say that I don't trust the pull out method. I had unprotected sex one time and used the pull out method and got pregnant. When I check my calendar I realized that it was doing the week that I was fertile. So it really just depends on your cycle. Some days are safer than others. I honestly don't know if pre- could get your pregnant but this method failed for me. Either it was pre- or he didn't pull out him time. I honestly don't trust it so be careful...
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatt
    We were told in school the erect penis starts leaking sperm straight away.
    That's the best way to treat it, It only takes one sperm to do the job.
    Soph_E Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Without a condom there is always a chance. One precum has over hundreds of sperm.

Not knowing this and doing that, you really should have known the answers to these questions before you did anything. Be responsible. The highest form of respect for yourself and him you can have is being prepared.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Jul 23, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry2190
    i had unprotected contact with my bf but it only lasted less than 1min and he didn't ejaculate during or before that time, is there a chance of pregnancy?and i was supposed to have my period on that day too but my breast started to get sore that day also.I took home pregnancy tests but they came out negative but im still curious. NOw ten days after im bleeding i think its my period but im not sure because its ten days late. Is there a chance of me being pregnant?:(
    YES.

Aug 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Pre does NOT contain sperm at all this is not a guess but a fact! BUT.. If you have unprotected sex and the guy pulls out and MISSES and some sperm leaks inside of you, you can get pregnant! I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and the first 4 years we had unprotected sex using pull out method and I never got pregnant and so did a best friend of mine who used that method for 2 years before trying to have a baby and then 3 months after she started trying she did get pregnant. Pull out method if used correctly works just as good as condoms but some guys, especcially young guys MAY n ot know how to pull out in time but I can guarantee that PRE does NOT contain any sperm or me and my best friend Trenda would have been pregnant already. I have heard of people getting pregnant with pre but new studies have shown sperm from over 10,000 men to have o spern in pre meaning it is vertually impossible UNLESS the guy misses and a little sperm gets inside of you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Pre does NOT contain sperm at all this is not a guess but a fact!
    Sorry to disappoint you Brandy, I don't know where you got your info from, but this is not FACT. It is myth.

Pre-ejaculate contains about 100 - 200 million sperm. My info is from Maternal Child and Nursing Care Third Edition page 193. Please tell me where you got your info.

If your info were correct then the withdrawal method would be a perfectly acceptable method of birth control. And it is NOT!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there still a chance? [ 37 Answers ]

When two people break up because of circumstances, not because they lost feelings for each other. Is there a chance that they will get back together eventually? My boyfriend and I broke up because of circumstances, I tried to convince him out of it, but it has been so far unsuccessful. I told...

Does precum contains sperms? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to know if precum contains sperms? I have read many websites that Some said that precum do contain sperms but probably at most 1 or very few. Some said that precum does not contain sperms at all unless it comes from earlier ejaculation and was not being wiped off-->This information was made...

Another chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I will try to make this the shortest version possible... lol I dated my ex on and off since I was 16 years old. (we're both 24 now) anyway, when we turned 20 we made things a little more serious and moved in together. We bickered quite a lot but I know there was a lot of love there-we did...

Should I Ask For A Second Chance? [ 4 Answers ]

All right here's the situation... I had a best friend who's a guy... in the beginning he told me he had feelings for me but I was already with someone at the moment... he was fine with it and said that all he wanted was to get those feelings off his chest... so we stayed best friends for about 3...

Need a second chance [ 19 Answers ]

I posted this earlier, and I want to see if anyone has any more advice. I met this woman 15 years ago and there has always been a chemistry between us. We married other people. I got divorced and she is now a widow. I was hurt badly in my divorce. We started seeing each other after the death of...

View more questions Search