Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bunchies Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Period came early and really light
    Ok so I am trying to conceive and my period has come 3 days early and it is really light pink with some clear mucous stuff, and my normal periods last for 5 days and are really heavy and come with sharp stabbing cramps and I don't have any of that. It is now day two of this light period stuff.. any thoughts on this?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 07:27 PM
    It could just be bleeding caused by something else, not a period. It could be that you're having an off period. It could be that you're pregnant. Really no way to know.

Wait and see if you get a normal period when it's due. If not, wait 2 weeks and then try a pregnancy test using first morning urine.

Good luck.

Mar 5, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Thank you for your advise I think I will wait and see...

Mar 5, 2013, 07:36 PM
    IB? Or period?
    I have been having light pink blood for almost two days now and I amm 3 days early on my period? Could it be IB or an early period? What is the best way to know the difference between the two..
    Muffie123 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Well, that is normal if you are not sexually active. Also, I am not sure if that is normal if you are birth control. I was under the impression that birth control guarantees regular periods. If you do not get your period within the next 3 days, I would see your gynecologist... Good luck hun!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunchies View Post
    thank you for your advise i think i will wait and see...
    Let me know how it turns out. I send baby dust your way. :)
    Muffie123 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffie123 View Post
    Well, that is normal if you are not sexually active. Also, I am not sure if that is normal if you are birth control. I was under the impression that birth control guarantees regular periods. If you do not get your period withing the next 3 days, I would see your gynecologist...Good luck hun!
    Sorry... I forgot to add. I am not on birth control or active, but "spotting" as they call it before your scheduled period is NORMAL. Stress and other factors have a lot to do with that. My OB-GYN told me that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was 2 weeks early on my period and it was way to light to be my period the color wa [ 2 Answers ]

Note that there was NO pain what so ever. Also another thing I have been going to the bathroom a lot more than I usually do and I am not able to hold it. I get tired a lot quicker too. Its not mittleshmerz, I looked up the symptoms for that and its not the same kind of thing.

Light Early Period which comes and goes? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm married and 25. I am expecting my periods on the 13th June. Last week (6th june) it came but light and pinkish-reddish. It came one day and dried up, then it came again. This keeps happening until today. There was no sign of heavy cramps nor swollen breasts like the usual PMS signs....

Period Early and Light [ 2 Answers ]

My period is about a week to two weeks early, and its really light. It's never usually this light and I'm worried that I'm pregnant. I really can't be pregnant, but I'm scared I might be. I'm not sure what it means that my period is like this, but its usually irregular, but not usually this light....

Very early and light period what does this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

We have been trying to conceive. We had unprotected sex last month around the time I thought I was fertile. Thursday I began spotting a light pink. I had cramping but less then normal for my period. The spotting has picked up its flow since then but it is not heavy enough to be my period. Also I...

Early light period [ 2 Answers ]

I started spotting 4 or 5 days before my period was due, I'm on birth control pills and I stated 2 spot on the last day of my active pills, this has never happen and I've been on the pill 4 3yrs now, I had cramping, back pain and leg pains as if I was getting my period but it's only been light...

View more questions Search