Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    am_barris Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Period during pregnant?
    We tested for pregnancy using hCG, yesterday and it shows positive.
    But today my wife got period? Why?
    When we tested HCG today,after period it shows negative?
    Qns:
    Does a woman can get period when pregnant?
    Why the HCG test changed after period in one day?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 08:46 AM
    This is something that she should go to the doctor and find out. She needs a blood test and a complete exam to find out what is happening.

While it is possible to get a period the first few months of pregnancy, it is rare. Any bleeding during pregnancy should be reported to the doctor.

Please have her make a doctor's appointment.
    my2229 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
    It could be that she was pregnant and then miss carried causing her to start her peiod. She most definitely should see her doctor.

Mar 18, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Her last period was on 3rd feb now she got her period after 42 days.
    She don't have any other symptoms to confirm she was pregnant other than HCG test done twice in home.
    Our doctor is out of city, can we wait for 4days?
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Yes, 4 days is okay to wait.

Mar 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Is there is a way we can find miscarriage by other symptoms.
    What is the general reason for miscarriage?
    If it is a miscarriage, what doctor generally will do?
    Is it possible to get pregnant after this?
    Do we need to stop having sex now?
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Ok, slow down.

Many women become pregnant and have a miscarriage without even knowing they are pregnant. A normal period just comes along and the girl never even knew.

You also could have had a faulty pregnancy test that gave her a false positive. This does happen also.

There is not a general reason for a miscarriage. Sometimes, the egg is not viable enough to survive pregnancy, sometimes the woman's body cannot carry the fertalized egg. But one rarely knows the reason for a miscarriage unless there are other medical conditions present.

Is it possible to get pregnant after this? Most definitely. We don't even know if in fact she had a miscarriage. Like I stated above, it could have just been a false positive on the HPT and she never was pregnant in the first place.

What will the doctor generally do? As it was this early, if it was a miscarriage at all, probably nothing. There is nothing that can really be done. Later stage miscarriages require a procedure called a D&C, but not this early. Nature just takes over.

Do we need to stop having sex now? That is a question I cannot answer because I do not know that she was in fact pregnant. This would have to be answered by your doctor after a physical exam.

It sounds to me that she may have gotten a false positive and never has been pregnant, or that she is an "early pregnancy bleeder." Only your doctor can tell you this for sure.

Mar 18, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Thanks a lot, this explains/answers most of my questions.
    Your reply was excellent.
    I will get to know in 4 days!!
    Thanks again
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Please keep me posted.

Jun 3, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Doctor said it might be a miscarriage, but nothing to worry on that.
    But now she is getting another problem in her period time.

Her periods are so irregular now.
    3rdFeb - 42 days - 17th March - 38days - 24th April - 20 days - 15th May - 15 days - 31st May.

But the period seems to be lasting for same 5days, and no change in any other symptoms and pain.

I am bit confused and worried about this.

Do I need to take her to the doctor with appointnment?

Or is it something I should consider this as emergency?

Please advice...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get pregnant after your period? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it possible to get pregnant if you have sex the day after you have finished your period?? or the fist couple of days after??

Can She get pregnant on her period? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. So Basically, I was wondering is my girlfriend can get pregnant when she's on her period? Now I know what your probably going to say.. Because I looked it up on Google at many sites and they all said about the same thing, Yes, its possible, but its very unlikely to. It still worries me though. ...

Period and pregnant... why? [ 3 Answers ]

Why do some women have a period while pregnant?

Pregnant but getting period? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a girl who was 3 months pregnant before finding out she was actually pregnant. She didn't know sooner because she claims that she was still getting her period for the first 2 months... how often does this happen?

Can I still be pregnant even though I have my period [ 3 Answers ]

Okay here is the thing my hubby and I had a little booboo while umm well you know and the oops happened twice I was getting symptoms from my period when it happened but then they went a away all my period pains cramps hunger pans everything gone for about 5 days then out of nowhere I get my period....

View more questions Search