Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bRiiTTaNyy95 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 10:32 PM
    Pregnant or overreacting?
    Okay so December 11, 2012 I had unprotected sex. The boy never and it legit only lasted about 5 minutes. On December 28, 2012 I started my period like I would have normally, right on time. My period was normal. A week after my period had ended I had this weird, clear, gooey, slightly bloody discharge. It eventually went away after a few days. January. 24, 2013 I was supposed to start my period and now it's January 27 2013 and I haven't started. I took a pregnancy test today which is Jan 27. And it came back negative but I'm still scared. Am I pregnant or am I overreacting? I'm really scared!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 10:35 PM
    It's too early to test. You'll need to wait another 10 days, then test with your first urine of the morning.

Jan 26, 2013, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    It's too early to test. You'll need to wait another 10 days, then test with your first urine of the morning.
    Welp this sucks. :/ I'm really terrified! This happened like back in December though! Wouldn't I have signs already if I was pregnant?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bRiiTTaNyy95 View Post
    Welp this sucks. :/ I'm really terrified! This happened like back in December though! Wouldn't I have signs already if I was pregnant?!
    You haven't had sex since then?

Jan 26, 2013, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    You haven't had sex since then?
    I've had sex since then but all with condoms I've def learned my lesson about that first time. I made sure there were condoms that were used and nothing ever screwed up. I don't know if it's me freaking out or what because I do get really freaked out easily especially about this. This will always stress me out. Ever since the first time I thought I was going to miss my period on dec 28 but I had that one. And ever since ten I've used nothing but condoms. I don't know if it's my stress that's messing my period up or what. My boobs are hurting, the normal ness right before I'm about to start and I have discharge going on right now which is normal before my periods but I think I may have messed myself up and stressed out way too much over this and got way scared that I was going to miss this period and it could be causing me to be late.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
    No form of birth control is 100%, and condoms are the least effective form of birth control on the market. In other words, any time you have sex, even with 2 or more forms of protection, pregnancy is possible. So it's very likely that you could have gotten pregnant while using condoms.

There is absolutely no way to diagnose pregnancy online. The only way to diagnose pregnancy is to wait, and test. There are women that don't get a reliable pregnancy test until well into their first trimester.

Wait until your period is at least 2 weeks late. Test with first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait until your next period is due. If you miss it as well, then test again or get a blood test.

Yes, stress can cause your period to be late, so can a tumor, illness, medication, exercise, weight gain, weight loss, pregnancy, and many other things. The only way to find out what's causing this delay is to start with the obvious possibilities (pregnancy) and then go from there.

If you're not ready to be a mother, then don't have sex. Abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100%.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 11:20 PM
    Condoms have a 2 to 18 percent failure rate, from leaks that can not be seen, to slips, to pure breaks. So it is easy to get pregnant with only using a condom, ** better than not condom but you should be on birth control pills and a condom at least, ( and still a slight chance of pregnancy)

The discharge could also be an infection or even an STD, something to always consider when sexually active.

So two waiting periods.
    One wait till 14 days past period due date and do a pregnancy test, do it with first urine of the morning, Second wait, if that is negative, then sex with condoms can allow pregnancy, so you have to wait for each period, every month to see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overreacting? [ 8 Answers ]

We've been married for five years. He has a child from previous relationship that lives with us. And we recently had a baby (we lost one before we had her). But here is the deal. About a year ago I found his emails from someone who was sending photos of his son. So it turned out he had a child a...

Am I overreacting? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 weeks pregnant and I am having lower back pains, what feels like menstrual cramps, pressure in vaginal area and sudden headaches. It isn't regular but I want to make sure I'm OK

Could I possibly be pregnant? Or am I overreacting? [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex yesterday for the first time. We used a condom but I'm not on birth control. I'm pretty sure the condom didn't break and he didn't eject inside me or even inside the condom. He ejected around the top of my vagina/stomach area. Could I possibly be pregnant?? I'm so scared and worried....

Am I overreacting? [ 21 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. I asked my boyfriend to come hear me sing this Sunday. I knew he didn't really want to go, but the Saturday before he said that he would talk to me in the morning and tell me whether he was going. So Sunday morning comes and he doesn't call or text or anything. So I send him...

Am I overreacting [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about 5 years now.He was out of the country for 7 months for educational purposes last year. After he has come back things have changed in a way that now he is only focused on his career.he says that the relationship is a priority for him, but his career comes...

View more questions Search