Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaylaaalyons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex 3 days before my period was supposed to come. We had sex on Oct 27th and my period was supposed to come on the 29-30th. It is now the 1st of November and my period has not come. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Yeah... and it's a good one.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Yes, but it would be too early to test. At this point you wouldn't even officially be pregnant (study reproduction and how it works and you'll understand what I mean).

The fact is, unless you're tracking ovulation (not with an app on your phone) and know exactly when you ovulate, pregnancy is possible any time you have sex. Women have gotten pregnant while on their period. It happens.

Wait at least 2 more weeks. If you haven't gotten your period than test using first morning urine. If it's negative than wait until your next period is due. If you miss it than test again or see a doctor for a more accurate blood test.

If you're not ready to be a mom, than don't have sex, that's the only method of birth control that's 100% effective.
    CrazyStereotype Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Sometimes the female body does some funky things when it involves periods and pregnancies. In a week take a pregnancy test or see your feminine doctor to get more information.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyStereotype View Post
    Sometimes the female body does some funky things when it involves periods and pregnancies. In a week take a pregnancy test or see your feminine doctor to get more information.
    I'm curious. The OP (original poster) had sex 4 days ago. A week from, with or without a period, she'd be at the very very very early stages of pregnancy. The majority of women won't get an accurate result, either at home or at the doctors, at this stage in pregnancy. What information will her "feminine doctor" be able to give her at 11 days after sex?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

View more questions Search