Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beebum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Help in reading a ct scan report?
    Hi I had a ct scan done for my head and this is what the report stated:
    The lateral ventricle appears asymmetric.
    The rest of the ventricles, the sulci and cisterns are unremarkable.
    No definite enhancing mass appreciated. Mri is recommended if clinically warranted.
    Midline structures are in place.
    Posterior fossa is preserved.
    Hypoplastic frontal sinuses.
    Mastoids and the rest of the viaulized paranasal sinuses are unremarkable.

Can you please explain this report for me please? Thanks
    wauya Posts: 93, Reputation: -5

Oct 20, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Only thing need to be address in this report is" lateral ventricle appears asymmetric".Ventricle is small chambers inside the brain which surround by different part of brain.The shape and size could be change due to pressure;pull or push by tissue around them. And to find out the change,use compare the lt and rt,if show not equal It mean could some lesions there make it not equal looking,but all depend how big the different.Because there are never 100% equal.other part report is looking the cause but find nothing;no tumor found and bone structure;sinuse show no inflammation but show under developed frontal sinuse.Due to more sure the finding the radiologist suggest MRI if clinical picture strongly suspect brain lesion.Because MRI is better to pickup sofe tissue lesion then cat-scan.Mri use radio wave and not x-ray good to detect sofe tissue lesion.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
    As wauya indicates the only possible consideration is the reference to the asymmetric ventricles. Even that is not problematic unless the condition is pronounced. Ventricular asymmetry is common in otherwise normal CT head scans.

I believe wauya has adequately explained the other issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interpretation of Scan report--contrast enhanced ( CT scan ) [ 1 Answers ]

patient history my father is a 66 year old man having diabetis and high blood pressure also. few days back he underwent a master health checkup in a hospital where doctors told him that he is having stone in Gall bladder. But he is having no synptoms of GB stone. Occassionall he is having...

Scan tool not reading car computer [ 1 Answers ]

My auto scanne is not able to read my trucks computer. It reads that a vehicle must be plugged in which it was. It is not the scanner because I tested that. The battery was replaced and the a.c. Did not work properly. I disconnected the battery to reset the a.c. And the engine light came on. Did I...

5th week scan report [ 1 Answers ]

My report just says intrauterine single gestational sac noted.myometerial echodensity is homogenous.intrauterine early pregnancy. What does it actually mean.they have called me for rescan after 2 weeks

Reading lab report [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a lab report for my cholesterol level but I don't know how to read it. There are two columns. One is RESULTS... and below is 160. Next to it is another column called REFERENCE RANGE and below is >200 mg/dL. Now, which do I consider? HDL Cholesterol is 52... <150 mg dL in reference...

View more questions Search