Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizxkaitlinx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 03:31 PM
    I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been having back pain.
    I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been having back pain for the past few days and it keeps getting worse and worse, I am no longer able to sit stand or even lay down without pain. What is causing this?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2011, 04:26 PM

Lots of possibilities. One likely one is that the baby has turned so that his back is against your back, which can cause really nasty pain. The classic home remedy for this is to scrub the floor. Getting down on your hands and knees and the rhythmic motion of scrubbing helps to encourage the baby to move into a more comfortable position.

It could also be strong Braxton Hicks contractions. Or it could sciatica. Or it could be early labour. Ask your midwife to check you over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain in stomach 16 weeks pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and having really bad sharp pains inside my stomach (inside and around the belly button) It's been like this for a few days and seems to get worse every day. It feels like it's brused very bad in the inside. I can't hardly pick my daughter up and when I'm holding her in my...

30 weeks pregnant with back pain and cramping [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have been having back pain that seems to be getting worse and menstrul like cramping off and on for two days now. No matter what I do nothing seems to work to make it stop. It also feels like I'm leaking sometimes but there isn't any bleeding or anything. This is my first...

9 weeks pregnant and back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 9 weeks 6 days pregnant with my second child I have been pregnant twice before, and lost the first one I think that is why I'm kind of nervous, I have mid to lower back pain and a few twinges of lower pelvic pain in the front, no bleeding at all just weird pain, I never had this with my...

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and have been having contractions and lots of back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I had to have my contractions stopped 5 days ago and now I'm having the same pain again with my other 2 children I had to have my labor stopped several times what should I do?

A Pain Reliever at 30 Weeks Pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I have a pinched nerve in my C2 vertibre which causes headaches and even migraines if it gets to bad. Through out my pregnancy it hasn't been an issue, but as of lately my neck has become very stiff. The muscle's are becoming inflamed *due to stress probably* but I was wondering what I could take...

View more questions Search