Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babycox2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 03:43 AM
    9 months pregnant boyfriend left me wants to see other people or is he just scared?
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years. I have kids with another man but he doesn't have any. He said mine where fine but didn't want any of his own. Then I found out I was pregnant by my boyfriend about 13 months in the relationship first he kind of freaked out being scared not knowing what to do. (By the way he is a drinker he drinks alot)But after talking to some of his friends and his mom he decided he was as he says man up and be there for his baby. Well everything was going fine all through the pregnancy until about 4 weeks ago he started acteing different he said it was just because he was trying to be more sober now. And he isn't very pleasant when he is sober and it wasn't going to get much better but I thought oh well I love him so much I didn't care he is the love of my life. Well I am now due in 2 weeks and he was drinking and we had sex and after we were done before we even got our clothes back on he said... "I want to see other people" I am like what!! If you knew him you would know he is a drinker but yet he is the most loyal man I have ever been with. So I am like really freaking out.He says he has felt this way for a while but I was pregnant and so have you... But I say fine if you want to see other people and break up a week or 2 before I have your baby I will pack my stuff and leave. He says no he doesn't want me to leave he wants me to stay and that he loves me he just isn't in love with me anymore. Then he getting ready to go out and ask for a kiss goodbye. I don't understand why he feels the need to kiss me when he just broke my heart. He kissed me and left and I haven't seen or heard from him in 2 days. He has always told me through the pregnancy that he is so scared to have a baby he don't know how to be a father and don't want to screw up but has also told me that he is excited at the same time. So I am a wreck right now and don't know if maybe he is just scared and used the I want to see other people as a way out or if that is how he really feels. Well he has been out all weekend drinking so is this his way of getting one more good partying in before the baby is born will he come back or has he been gone for 2 days cause he has really found him someone else he has never stayed gone this long... He is a very big home body and usually on leaves for very little errands like the liquor store,bar,gas station or work...
    sarasmom61809 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2010, 07:03 AM

Good morning. First of all, if he has an addiction, he should try to get help. He is no good to you or the baby if he is using. You CAN NOT make him get help. He has to want to do it. What if he is using and your walking around the house holding your baby and he decides he hates you and slaps you around a little bit with that baby in your hands? I know you say that you love him, but he has to love himself before he can love you and that all happens when he gets sober. Im not a dr. but I have dealt with all types of addiction on a personal level and it's not pretty. If he says he wants to see other people and he drinks a lot, I would let him go. You take that baby to a safe place and love them. He may try and come to you and say, I love you, please take me back... etc... But you cannot. Not until he's sober and detoxing from alcohol is the most dangerous and it needs to be done by dr. and nurses. I know it's hard-- but you have a little angel to think about now. Let him go! Like the old saying say, If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was yours. If it doesn't, It never was--- or something like that.. :o) Be strong-- please-- keep that baby and yourself safe!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time will I get for vop for 6 months prob.w/ only 2 months left [ 2 Answers ]

How much time will I get for vop for 6 months prob.w/ only 2 months left in lee county fl.

I got pregnant, boyfriend left me- I feel so lost! [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend some time ago told me that we should take things slow, that he is at the stage of his life that he cannot make comitmment. I understood it and we tried to be more easygoing. But 3 weeks ago I found out that I am pregnant. I told him and he thinks I did it on purpose! But I really...

My boyfriend left me and I'm 7 months pregnant [ 13 Answers ]

I was dating him for almost 2 years and we decided after a year that we would try to get pregnant. I ended up getting pregnant and we had a miscarriage right before christmas last year. He comes to me at the end of January and says that he's ready to try again. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so...

Boyfriend is scared to get me pregnant [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 33 and I am 31 years old. We have been dating for about 5 months and I have been on birth control for almost 15 years. I take it properly and don't have sex if I'm on antibiotics etc. I am very responsible with regards to having an unplanned pregnancy but my boyfriend won't have sex...

Boyfriend just found out girl he slept w/is 7 months pregnant [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been off an on for 12 years. We finally grew up and decided that we were ready to be together. Four months later he gets a call from a girl he used to mess with that she is 7MONTHS PREGNANT. They never dated only fooled around. He stopped messing with her because she...

View more questions Search