Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggy52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
    Donate me a car
    I live in maynardville.tenn I am 52 years old and I draw s.s.I and s.s.a . I can't hardly aford my light or water bill. So that makes it hard to get a car. I would greatly appreciate it if you point me the right way.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 03:32 PM

Joyce,

It is a very bad idea to post your personal phone number and email address on a worldwide website where everyone has access. This could open you up to a plethora of danger. Therefore, I have asked that this information has been removed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 06:04 PM

Edited.

Have you checked with varoius social service agencies, have you check with you local church and other civic groups.
    But if you can bearly afford food and the such, how will insurance, gas, repair bills ( on a free old car) and more be paid
    volvokenny Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggy52 View Post
    i live in maynardville.tenn i am 52 years old and i draw s.s.i and s.s.a . i can't hardly aford my light or water bill. so that makes it hard to get a car. i would greatly appreciate it if you point me the right way.

I hope you are serious with your question:eek: A good way to get a affordable car is on the lookout on people's driveways during your walks. Folks often leave their car on driveways unattended with no insurance for many reasons. It doesn't hurt to ask what is the problem with the car and perhaps they are generous folks that may just give it to you for next to nothing. I often get people knocking on my door asking if I am selling my vehicle because first of all it has no plates/insurance secondly it looks decent :cool:

On a good note, not too long ago a young lad came across my 85 Volvo on my driveway. It would be his first car and he needed a car to get around. My Volvo was in near excellent condition but it has nearly half million kilometers, still starts and drives good. The Volvo served me well for years. Since it was in driving condition I wouldn't get much trying to sell it due to the high km. We have a Government scrap car program and the Volvo could be sold for $300 to the scrap program but that would be a waste since it is reliable and drivable. In addition insurance is still quite high for this old car. I was in a good mood that day and I could not think of a better person to drive this reliable and SAFE Volvo than this young lad so I just gave it to him for free!
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jun 30, 2010, 11:25 AM

As noted above check out various
    Charity groups. Let them know that you are in need of a car,although it might not be free they may can direct to a place that sells cars that you can afford. Just bear in mind there are always things like gas, insurance taxes, tags,inspections etc. It is more to owning a car than a lot of people realize. Good Luck! My sister just donated a 1987 ford mustang to goodwill
    giggy52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 10:04 PM
    Thank you for your comement.why would I lie about something like this I nead help so I am sorrie for asking fot help joyce

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 29 year old single parent with 2 little kids 1 1years old the other one is 5 years old I'm currently in school and works I have to catch the bus in the cold to take my son to school and my little girl to daycare and then I go to school and I can't go back to work until I get another...

Who should I Donate my car to [ 6 Answers ]

Wasn't sure where to put this so car and truck seemed like the right place. I am getting the new 2010 Honda Insight this Friday, I did not use my car as a trade in. Even though it still runs, it is in bad shape. But with a medium amount of work it should be fine. My problem is I do not know...

Donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

I am married with three small children. I am a painter for a construction company and started this job back in March of 08. Before that though I was out of work for over a year. We got for behind on our bills and came very close to losing our house. The mortgage company has allowed us to open a...

View more questions Search