Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ns2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 03:56 PM
    Sex without condom but pulled out. BC pills affected by antibiotics.
    I have been taking birth control for over a year now. However, I had an ear infection over XMAS and was perscribed penicillin (antiobiotic) that may have affected my because. I was on the ab's from dec 29th - jan 4th. I had my last period on Jan 6th. I then had sex the following week or so without use of a condom, however, he was unaware my BC may not be working so we agreed to pull out before ejaculation. I am 98% positive that this did happen, I didn't feel anything and I would imagine I would have if he did indeed ejaculate? (I am not sure, because I have always used condoms before so am not sure what it would be like.) I ended my next pack of pills the past Saturday, and normally I would start my period on Wednesday morning, however, it is now 730 on the Wednesday night and I have still not started, not even a little.
    Should I be worried? Or is it maybe just due to the time frames I took my pill? (took one a day late, and 2 more of the pack an hour or two later than normal time).

PLEASE HELP!!
    Nurse98 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 04:16 PM

Penicillin should not affect your birth control but to be safe use a condom
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 04:17 PM

The pull out method, meaning the man pulls out just before he ejaculates is NOT a reliable form of birth control.
    Sperm can still travel in the pre-fluids before he ejaculates.

No birth control is 100% effective and yes, antibiotics can mess with birth control pills and missing pills or taking them late can throw them out of whack as well.

Only time will tell... your period could be late due to actual pregnancy or just stress from worrying about being pregnant.
    If you miss your NEXT period take a home pregnancy test.

Feb 3, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Take a pregnancy test, it could just be off a little, don't freak out yet.

Feb 3, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Some anti biotics like tetracycline can effect your birth control but not usually penicillian
    ns2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Okay.. you are suppose to start your period on the 3rd/4th day of sugar pills right? This is my 4th day. I am always on time because of my birth control, that is why I am worried. Are the possibilities of pregnancy high for this situation? I haven't been stressed before, haven't even though about the possbility, but now I am very worried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex with a condom the last time he pulled out it stayed inside. [ 5 Answers ]

I had sex with a condom and the last time he pulled out the condom stayed in. The next day I took the plan B pill just to be sure. The day after that I got my period. But now I haven't had my period for a while, I'm wondering what is going on and what are the odds of me being pregnant?

Sex without a condom [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday me and this boy got together at my friends house and went up in her room and started to hook up . Then we basically started doing it with clothes on and he said lets just have sex really quick because he didn't have a condom at first I said no then got really into it and then said yes ....

I had sex without a condom! [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex without a condom about 4-5 times in one week with a guy I love with all my heart and soul I so badly want to be pregnant so I took a home test about 4 days after it showed negative... but I hurd you have to wait 14 days so I was busy waiting and my period started but I think its early !...

On the pill and taking antibiotics, had unprotected sex am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Im taking the pill but had to start taking antibiotics so came off the pill while I was taking them, I had my bleed cause I hadn't taken my pills for a few days and then after I had finished my bleed (yesterday) me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex so I took a pill and then I took my pill again...

Sex without a condom [ 1 Answers ]

My botfriend and I have been in a monogomous relationship for the last year. I am on the pill and take it regularly. We also use condoms. My question is, aside from pregnancy risks is it unhealthy to have him inside of me?

View more questions Search