Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1Shanelle1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 10:43 PM
    I lost my first baby
    Hi my name is Shanelle I am 23 years old, and me and my husband have been married for 5 years now... and just about 4 months ago we had decided that we wanted to finally give it a try and have a baby of our own. Seeing it from all of our friends and preety much everyone has a baby but us. I got pregnant that same month we were trying to conceive so that was good. We were both very happy to be parents and I myself was doing everything good I went to the doctor and got prenatal pills and was taking care of myself. But then the next month I started to spot some brown blood and the doctors said was normal so I didn't worry. After a week passed It was getting worse and I started to get really bad cramps and then was bleeding heavy that's when I lost my baby. I was so depressed and dissapointed in myself because some how I blame myself why couldn't I have my baby? Was it something I did? I was only 9 weeks pregnant... this was painfull for both of us. I want to know if its OK to try again? Or what should I do? What if I loose it again? Someone give me some advice... thank u!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 10:56 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Chances are it was nothing that you did at all. My cousin is very fit and healthy, and has been for as long as I can remember. She does everything by the book. She lost her first baby too though. Sometimes things just seem to happen. I don't remember how long it was after that first pregnancy that she was pregnant again, but today I have two adorable baby cousins from her. Her two pregnancies after the first miscarriage went smoothly. So even though it's hard, don't let yourself stay too upset over this first try. One miscarriage doesn't mean you'll always have miscarriages :)
    winding200 Posts: 167, Reputation: 40

Aug 13, 2009, 06:34 AM

Sorry for your loss, and I feel for you. You were ready to be a good mother, and unexpectedly lost the bay. You should be depressed, empty, and sad. However, it happens among perfectly healthy women sometimes. Do not take it too personally or seriously. There is nothing to be blamed. Think about it positively.
    1. you are young
    2. your marriage is solid
    3. you will have plenty of time to try again
    4. this is not the last pregnancy
    5. this is not for the last baby either
    6. obviously there was something wrong on the pregnancy. What if you carried the baby, and delivered successfully, but the baby has some health issues? It is possible. Isn't it? Think positively.
    7. The more you depressed, the more you will ruin your marriage, delay the opportunity of next pregnancy

According to some articles, it could be due to your hormonal imbalance during pregnancy & miscarriage. It is very normal to be moody. See a doctor if it is too serious, and he/she will prescribe some medicines for you, but most of time they will not do anything because it is natural. I do not think you need medicine either. In fact, it would be very strange if a mother lost a baby but not depressed. Once again, it is natural, and you are not the only one in this world to go through. Take care of yourself, eat well, sleep well, go outdoor & do exercise, take enough nutrition, and focus on your well being. Healthy mother, healthy baby!

By the way, you are not the only one lost the baby. Your husband is in the same boat, but he is not showing his emotion because he is a man. Please make him feel good, take care of him, and focus on your relationship with him instead of keep looking your wound pointlessly. It is very important because you cannot even try to have a baby without HIM. He is the person will provide you the 50% of the element of the next baby again and again. If I am in your situation, I will nurture him as much as possible just like I will do for the baby. It will cure your emotional imbalance & loss as well.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 13, 2009, 10:24 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Personally, I lost our first, second, and the twin to the baby I'm having now. Does that mean you could loose more? NO! Every pregnancy is different from the next, even for the same woman.

Early miscarriages such as yours can rarely be prevented. Sometimes there is an imbalance, but typically there is something wrong with the baby on a cellular level that cannot be helped. My doctor told me that either something was wrong with the egg, or the sperm so you really can't blame yourself. No one would want to have anything bad happen -- you're not at fault.

Your chances of miscarrying again is the same as with any other pregnancy, any other woman. The best time to try again is to try when you're comfortable -- no sooner.

When the time is right, you'll know it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my dad 2 weeks before having my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I was told after 3 years of trying for a baby that I had only a 1% chance of ever having children due to medical problems. I was deverstated as I always wanted children, as was my husband. The one person who was there for both of us was my dad. He and my mum had been divorced since I was 6 but I...

Have I lost my baby [ 6 Answers ]

I went for a scan last Friday and the Doctor told me that he could not find my baby's heartbeat! I woke up at 2am on Saturday morning with terrible stomach cramps , backache and heavy bleeding. I am still bleeding now and have since lost two blood clots. I have rang the hospital and they said that...

Sorry for friend who lost baby [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who lost her baby at almost 8 months into the pregnancy. We received an e-mail from her sister-in -law who gave us the terrible news. Many of us are not sure what to say to her during this difficult time. I sent a card to her just to let her and her husband know we are thinking...

I lost my baby [ 3 Answers ]

I Lost My Son When I Was 23 Weeks Pregnant. It Still Seems Just As Hard As It Was Yesterday. I Live My Life Day By Day It Seems. Its Weird I Since Have 2 Children Whom Are My World. Every Day I Think Of My Son I Lost. I Still Out Of Nowhere Cry Or A Tear Slides Down With Out Notice. I Also Know...

View more questions Search