Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2009, 01:08 PM
    To conceive or not to conceive?
    My husband and I want to have another baby. When I gave birth to my first child. I had complications. I was in labor for almost 24 hours, and got stuck at 9 in a half dialated and they had me push for a hour. Then I had to have a cesarean. We went in and did the surgery and then my uterus would not contract back down, so I lost almost half the blood supply in my body. They had to use a balloon to contract my uterus down slowly. I was REALLY drugged up. Don't remember a lot. Had to be in ICU for a day or so. Had troubles breathing and kept having fevers. I survived, and a lot of people think I wasn't going to.

I guess my ? Is. Should I not conceive because this could happen again. We really want to have another one. But I don't want to go through that again. I know it will be different because now it will be scheduled cesarean, and I don't think that I will be so drugged up. They messed up on my epidral 3 times. I am like 110 pounds. I need help. I am so upset. I asked my dr, and he thinks it will be fine But I can't help to think that if I die I will be leaving my family
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 01:44 PM

You would have to ask your doctor.
    Every pregnancy is different but with your problems I am not sure I would want to chance it.

I would be too afraid of the risk if I were you just because of th loss of blood, fevers and the trouble breathing.
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    You would have to ask your doctor.
    Every pregnancy is different but with your problems I am not sure I would want to chance it.

I would be too afraid of the risk if I were you just because of th loss of blood, fevers and the trouble breathing.
    Do you think that maybe I had such a problem, because of the drugs. Doesn't some drugs thin your blood out. I did not seem right with all the drugs I had. And my daughter was 9 pounds.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 02:02 PM

Yeah it could be.
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Aug 12, 2009, 05:09 AM

If this was an issue the first time, they may recommend scheduling a C-section rather than have you givebirth vaginally.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 12, 2009, 09:12 AM

You've asked your doctor who said it would be fine -- he's the person to trust since he knows your medical history.

However, of course he cannot guarantee things would go pefectly -- like he cannot guarantee for any of his patients.

I don't blame you one bit for being anxious and scared at the thought of going through it again. Each birth is different, so unfortunately, no one can tell you how another would go.

If you want more children, take your time going about it. If you're still too nervous at this point, wait until you're more comfortable. It might even benefit you to talk to another doctor for a second opinion, or a L&D nurse, etc.

More children could come from Fostering or Adoption too ;)
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:20 AM

If in doubt, wait until you feel sure.
    If you go forward, best case, you'll worry for 9 months, and that's not good. Worst case, well, you already said it.

I personally would not trust the doctor to give an accurate answer. I gave my ob-gyn a written list of questions before an invasive procedure and wrote down his answers and he was 100% wrong about one of the most important ones.

I think you should try to understand better what went wrong. What drugs were you given?

If they messed up your epidural 3 times, I would consider a different hospital if you do decide to go forward. Hospitals are rated and you can see their stats. Child birth should be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 10 Answers ]

;)My husband and I have decided to try for another baby. My daughter is 2 now. And I think right now would be a good time. I have don't those ovulation calendars online, and I'm confused. They say that usually a women will ovulate the 14th day of her cycle. But when I got pregnant with my daughter....

Trying, And Trying, And Trying, to conceive [ 3 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I have been together for a few years now and have living together for a little over a year. We are getting married next year! ( April 17th ) We have been trying to have a child for a little over a year now and still nothing. I have tracked ovulation, and I've done the kits to find out...

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

Hello friends,I want to ask u,I got my 32 days pregnancy aborted 1 year ago.now from last 6 months we are trying to conceive.I took clomid during my last cycle but still I don't feel asif I am pregnant.what could be the reason.can medical abortion leads to blocked fallopian tubes? Help me?

When did I conceive? [ 4 Answers ]

I had my period starting feb.3-feb.8. I had sex with my ex on feb.9 and feb.19, I also had sex with my boyfriend on feb.23,and24.(PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IF YOU CAN):confused: :o .(I'm considering having an abortion because I honestly don't know what to do)

View more questions Search