Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boobz Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 02:19 PM
    When will the morning sickness end? Is not taking her prenatal vitamins bad?
    I know someone that is pregnant. I know being pregnant is suppose to be like a specially and happy time in a persons life and she is, but she been having a lot of morning sickness, everything she eatz always comes right back up, and if she don't eat anything she still vomits. When will the morning sickness be over? It seems like she's sad because she really can't do anything without having her face in the toilet bowl every hour? Is there anything I can do to help? Is there anything she should eat to make her feel better? Also she does not take her prenatal vitamins because dey also makes her throws up! Is this bad?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 02:25 PM

Pregnancy one: No prenatal vitamins, sick daily, lost 30 pounds during pregnancy.

Child: 8 lbs 12 oz. 21 in. HEALTHY

Pregnancy two: No prenatal vitamins, sick daily, lost 45 pounds during pregnancy.

Child: (2 weeks early) 8 lbs 14oz 21 1/2 in. HEALTHY

Every pregnancy is different, every woman's body reacts differently. Ensure that your friend is under a doctor's care and seeing the doctor regularly and keeping the doctor informed of these problems. Eating what and when she can and try liquid vitamin supplements that can be added to food.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 02:09 PM

If she is keeping literally nothing down, she needs to speak to her doctor.
    For many, morning sickeness tapers off after about 12 weeks, but for some it can continue, or it may stop and return at a later time. Others have no sickness at all.
    Do you know what sort of things she has tried to get some relief so far?
    Prenatal vitamins are more for insurance than a requirement... most women probably don't eat as well as they should while pregnant, so prenatal vitamins helps to cover for that. They are a wise choice, but not everyone can tolerate them. She may find something like two children's chewable vitamins a day works for her. She can check out the amounts and find ones that would be comparable.
    Sunshine62583 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
    The biggest thing with morning sickness is preventing dehydration. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and still have morning sickness. I know if I go more than 24 hours without keeping ANYTHING down, I have to use a suppository that my Doctor prescribed to me. They work very well and help with nausea and vomiting. She needs to make sure she's getting plenty of fluid... it's more important than anything at this point. Also, as DoulaLC mentioned, the chewable children's vitamins work well. I could not take regular prenatal vitamins, but the children's chewable's work fine. One more thing, something that helps with my nausea is eating sour things... Motherhood sells Pregnant Pops, which are sour candies... the sourness helps your stomach create more saliva therefore diluting the acid which is making you sick. Also, stay away from acidic things like acidic fruits (artificially flavored is ok), and tomato based stuff. I have several pregnant friends right now, and every time I have suggested what helps me, they agree it has helped them. Many others will suggest the crackers or dry toast, but that just made me gag, and feel worse... She will have her days...

Hope this helps!
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Aug 19, 2009, 10:51 AM

Some doctors say that morning sickness should only last the first 12 weeks but I know lots of people that were sick all the way through. The only thing that I can suggest is plenty of fluids so she does not get dehydrated x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prenatal vitamins [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... my mother has been taking prenatal vitamins for about a month or two... she is not pregnant but her doctor said it's a good vitamin to take.. she is 44 or 45 years old... and as time went on with her taking them she stopped getting her period... and she has been getting chest pains... she...

Prenatal vitamins [ 1 Answers ]

I bought prenatal vitamins. Does this helps me get pregnant faster? what can I do if this is not working? I want to get pregnant before the year ends..

Prenatal vitamins-am I normal? [ 6 Answers ]

I bought the prenatal vitamins from the out of the counter regular store 2 weeks ago. Ive been taking it every morning since the day 1, up until this past weekend, I'm starting to have a real bad headaches, that's all. Then today is Monday, I still have really bad headaches even worse than this...

View more questions Search