Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crashremixx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Help.
    Okay, I need some serious help. I have been dating my boyfriend for some time now. He's perfect. He treats me like a freakin princess I swear. & I know that he is in LOVE with me, just by the way he acts around me & how he shows it. He's the best boyfriend EVER. & I'm so blessed to have somebody like him in my life. But the thing is, I've made a mistake. Two mistakes actually. One night, we sort of ended up getting INTO it. & we ended up having sex. We were protected, & I was RELIEVED after I had my period following. But then a couple weeks later, we decided to do it again. I figured my chances were SLIM TO NONE if we used protection, & of course, he did. But I haven't had my period yet. I usually start on the 25, or a couple days before. & it's the 22. I'm usually early for some reason. I don't know? I looked up the symptons for pregnancy. I don't really relate too much of them. I'm just worried that I might just not get them & end up really being pregnant. I've been bloated & cramping these past couple of days so I've been hoping & praying that its just because of my period coming up. I hope so at least. I know that I made a mistake & I am going to try and abstain from doing that because of the stress level it puts me under. & I'm also a young girl. I'm 16 years old. I wouldn't have done this if I didn't feel that we didn't really care for each other. He hopes to give me the world one day. & my parents are the MOST religious people in the world. I know that they would just disown me if I ended up being pregnant. Anybody have advice for me? I am SCARED TO DEATH...
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Hi Crashremixx!

I think you are freaking out too soon! It is only the 22nd! You said that you get it on or around the 25th and sometimes sooner! Stress can also cause you to not get your period right away but like I said... it is only the 22nd!

Calm down!:rolleyes:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Well, I hope to put your fears away for a moment. It sounds as though you are just having pre-period symptoms. It is only the 22nd and you are not due for 3 more days. At 16 your periods are going to be wacky anyway.

Now for the reality check. Did you know that condoms are not always effective? There are many condoms that have teeny tiny holes in them that sperm WILL get through. Birth control pills are not 100% effecitve, just ask my 20 year old and my 18 year old.

I am assuming that you are ready to be a mother because you are having sex. Your family is religious, so they believe in sex before marriage right?

I know you say your boyfriend would give you the world, but can he afford to give it to you if he has to pay child support? You know how easy it is for a man to run off when he finds out that his girlfriend is pregnant? EASY!! I know what he will say, he will own up to his responsibilities, but that is not the norm these days.

Yes, he is exceptional. But if he is so exceptional, he (and you) would wait for marriage or until you are able to work and provide money and security for a baby.

He wants to marry you someday? Have you heard the saying... Why buy the milk if you can get the cow for free?

I am sorry if I scared you more, but you have to be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions. If you are not, then you should not be participating in those actions.

Yes, I was 16 once too. I was in love once too. But my husband respected me more because I chose to wait until my wedding night. Even though we are divorced now, he will still tell you that he respected me for making that mature decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search