Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texanguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Looking for suggestions.
    Gurus I need your help. I have signed a 7 months lease in Texas and the lease is not ending until July. But I may need to break the lease earlier to go back to my home country to take care of my ailing mom. I have also bought a move out protection insurance plan for $500, but this only covers if I involuntarily lost my job or I buy a house or go to military. Problem is I don't have any of the above. Even though I had purchased this option, it is really not helping me, since I am quitting my job voluntarily to go back to my home country for good to take care of my mom. Are there any other options out for me. I cannot pay another 4 months of rent without actually staying and breaking a lease could cost me up to $4000 for me and that may end up going to my credit history too. So, If you guys can help me out on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2009, 06:17 PM

You have three choices; negotiate a buyout with the landlord, sublet or find a replacement tenant.
    texanguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You have three choices; negotiate a buyout with the landlord, sublet or find a replacement tenant.
    Thanks for the response scottgem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some suggestions! [ 10 Answers ]

To be perfectly honest, I haven't read much since college. I would really like to start reading again!! I need some suggestions on some good fiction or non-fiction... I'm up for anything really! I would really appreciate hearing some of your favorites. Thanks all!

Any suggestions? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have gone through a really rough time. We were living with his mom and then she kicked us out... we had no where to go. So we stayed at a friends house for a night then I moved back in with my mom. My mom doestn like him so he wasn't allowed to move in with me. So we are a few...

Any suggestions, what can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two. I just recently had a baby girl this summer, and although she is wonderful, it has been hell for me ever since... Where do I start?? Last summer my car was repossessed because I could not afford to keep it and pay my rent and other bills on my fixed income, so my mother...

Any more suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't started anything to lighten my under arms. I have been reading all your experieces and greatly appreiate your input. I'm medium/dark tan skin and have pretty dark underarms, knees and inner thighs. This has always been an issue for me and have waited too long to do something about...

View more questions Search