Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 12:33 AM
    Puppy found that won't eat, blood in stool, dehydrated
    What can I do to save this puppy I found in a box in the rain until a vet is available:confused: ? He is a very young sharpei, won't eat, looking for mother I think, so I put a ticking clock in his bed, blood in his stool (loose), dehydrated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2006, 05:58 AM
    It could have parvo. The sooner you get it to a vet the better. If you absolutely can't get it to a vet for now, get some dehydration remedy from the drugstore. The brand name is Pedialyte
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2006, 06:48 AM
    HI,
    The Pedialyte suggested in the answer before mine is very good. You may also have to purchase larger type eye dropper, so you can fill it, then use it to help get it into the puppies mouth or throat; if he won't drink it.
    It is MOST important to get him to a VET as soon as possible.
    Best of luck.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2006, 09:15 AM
    The suggestion about the dropper is right on. He may not eat otherwise, but you can get some liquid in him 5mL at a time until you can get him the much needed med help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

My puppy has loose stool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8+ week old Jack Russell and she has been with us for about a week and a half. She is in goos shape and has already has her initial shots and worming. Today after coming home from the store I took her out and she had loose stool (very loose). I was wondering what might have caused this....

Stool Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I will be replacing rotted 1 x 6 sub flooring and underlayment under the stool. Have crawl space. Will be using 1/4 backer board over all surface and putting in new vinyl. Has been a very long time since I last removed a cast iron flange. Want to raise it to level of backer board. Seems it was...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I [ 4 Answers ]

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I assume this is abnormal. What should I do? What could this mean ?

View more questions Search