Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathyp4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Heavy bleeding 6 weeks after delivery
    I am experiencing heavy bleeding - just started a few days ago - I delivered my son 6 weeks ago today - I am also extremely sore on the right side of my incision and the surrounding area - is this normal ?
    joeandletha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 07:37 AM
    It is common to experience heavy bleeding after giving birth. However, continue to look for clotting. If this happens, consult your nurse/doctor.

Your body is adjusting back to the normal flow of things and this should go away in a few days or at your next cycle.

Congrats!!
    Ziggafresh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:05 PM
    I also had a c- section... I bled for 8 months! If it is too painful ask your doc for an ultrasound... In my case I had a lesion on the inside of the scar. So it healed slowly on the inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Again 6 weeks after delivery [ 18 Answers ]

I had a baby six weeks ago. My normal post-pregnancy bleeding stopped about a week and a half ago, but today I noticed that I am bleeding again. It's light - but heavier than spotting. And bright red, so it's not like it's left over from having the baby or anything. Is this something I should be...

Heavy bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period for over a week. I was bleeding through super tampons every hour and a half with big blood clots. This is unusual for me I never bleed that much or that long and now I bleed heavy very bright red blood during sex. Should I go be seen by doctor?

Very Heavy bleeding after intercourse [ 1 Answers ]

Last night I tried to have sex with my boyfriend, it didn't work as I was to tight though he tried almost to the point that it hurt, I bled a little at the time but this morning when I woke up I was covered in blood, it was bright red and almost watery, and there was a large clot of blood as well....

Heavy bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am 27. My periods start like 2 week ago. First I had very less blood flow like I need to change 1 or 2 napkins a day. Then it stop for 1-2 days then it again starts with very heavy bleeding and clots I need to change the napkin frquently. Its been 8 days now, when my periods starts. I...

10 weeks after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

10 weeks after delivery- bleeding heavily - but still within guidelines given to me by my ob - no ememrgency. I have bled lightly once a week or so since delivery. Had an ultrasound that revealed a little bit of lining of my uterus still left. OB said it wasn't a problem. Am I just having my...

View more questions Search