Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bulldogob Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Woman vs. man
    Does it bother men when you ask them out? I don't normally ask them because that's not how I was brought up, but I know that men can be just as shy as we are.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 8, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Im positive that they can be just as shy as woman. I don't think it would bother a guy to ask them out. If anything Im sure it takes the pressure off them ounce in awhile to make the first move. And I bet they would find it flattering.

Hey any fellas out there want to back me up on this?? Im only speaking from a girls point of view and what I've seen with some of my guy friends in the past.

Feb 8, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Thanks bizgirl. Yes any men that can offer opinions would really help.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 8, 2006, 12:47 PM
    It would not bother me if it was the woman asking me out... And yes I guess it can be taken as flattering, take away some of the pressure from the guys point of view.

And guys can be just as shy as the woman, maybe even a little more sometimes. Come to think of it I'm sure it was my other half that made the 1st move on me LoL

This is the 21st cent' men and woman have just as many rights as one another...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 01:02 PM
    "men" that is lumping all of us great wonderful God created creatues all in one lump. There is next a matter of culture and nationality. Next it would be up bringing.

I for one loved it, it helped build up my ego.

And believe me, some men are just "stupid" about getting hints that ladies like them. So asking them may be the only way you get to go out with them.

If you like someone, men or women all have and should have the ability to say or ask another person out.

But sorry ladies, I am already taken,

Feb 8, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Thank you Father.
    confuzed Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Feb 21, 2006, 11:51 AM
    My mother was the one who proposed and they are extremely happy so I think that it is okay for the woman to ask out the man! Might turn out really great
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Heck yeah, hey it's the 21st century no one really bats an eye to that stuff anymore. You GO mom!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 09:18 AM
    It may bother some men. I'm guessing it doesn't bother most. Certainly not me.

I have always been interested in women who are straightforward and perhaps even more "aggressive" about what they want. Hate to use that word cause it sounds dominatrix, and that's not at all what I mean. I just always have found that if I'm even remotely interested in a woman and she shows interest, it has usually pushed my interest to a new level, often to where I'll ask her out.

I say as long as you don't do anything that you'll regret... be true to yourself... feel free to ask the guy out. If you're esecially uncomfortable you could always find a way to make it seem more like his idea or a mutual decision.

My wife did this a little before we dated. I was on the tail end of a relationship and she knew it. I knew she was "secretly" dating a guy at work but I didn't know how serious it was. Well, it was pretty much over. She first showed casual interest by trying to get me to go to a movie with a group of people. I didn't go, but I noted the interest in her trying to include me in a group I didn't typically hang with but was friendly toward. Later she got me to a bar with a few coworkers. That time I went and had a good time.

I was interested in her and I was pretty certain she was in me. But she was a superior at work and I just wasn't going to go there. Long story short, she found a few ways to get me to be around her, and then when we were together she showed interest. Married 6 years now.

The person I dated before her did a similar thing. I'd approached her and she turned me down sort of. Was bad timing. Well, she later felt better about the idea and started stopping by. Her general interest got me to the place where I pushed the issue again.

Could help to know your situation. Roughly what age? How do you know the person? How long have you known him?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Hi,
    At 64 yrs old and married many years, I do remember being asked out many, many years ago by women. It didn't bother me at all. I took it as "being equal" to others.
    I think it's great that a woman wants to ask a man out. I do believe the days of "only men ask women out", are gone... thank goodness.
    I do wish you the best of luck. Remember, you make your own luck.
    kandy Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Mar 12, 2006, 04:21 PM
    I'm with them I think its OK for a chick to ask out a guy
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2006, 10:24 PM
    I'd be flattered and ready to go but my wife would be really po'd
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2006, 10:27 PM
    It would take the pressure off big time for the guy. If I was not married, I would have no problem with a girl asking me out. I am a very shy person, and found it really hard asking anybody out.

Joe
    tamicka edwards Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
    No it does not a man likes a girl to be out there to take a risk
    And it lets him know that you are not shy
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
    That's fine, you are not the only one.
    If you are happy about what you are doing now, then keep it.
    I am happy about the way I am, I won't ask a guy out either.:)
    jhmmr Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I think it would show more self confidence if the woman asks the man out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a man or a woman? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I think I have a problem but to be honest I'm not even sure it should be something to be worried about! I think I'm turning into a man! I am a 20 year old female student from the UK. I am straight and I have lots of friends of both sexes from all corners of the earth. I am not...

Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus, or are they? [ 18 Answers ]

Is it just me or are men and women really more similar than we all think they are. I mean yeah, that book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" was really popular and was a best seller but I tend to disagree with some of what it has to say. Just from reading a lot of the posts that are in the...

Size of woman [ 32 Answers ]

I wanted to know if having sex with a fat woman or that has more weight (not necessarily huge) is more fun or fulfilling than with a skinny one...

This woman is trying to get a rise out of me [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, we're both new hires, the chick is hot and single. And I'm hot and single. We both know it. I express no interest in her what so ever. She complains to me about her failed relatinoships and how she's given up on men. Im the nicest guy she's ever met (I think that's the problem). I...

Two men, one woman [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people, I posted a thread before about me being with a guy and I was unsure of whether we were together or not. Well, it turns out that yes, we are finally officially together. Now the problem is that we always end up fighting for stupid reasons and it always seems like it's my fault. It's...

View more questions Search