Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iam4al Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Mild Cramping and spotting when I wipe
    I am 5 weeks and 5days pregnant and I have been spotting for about a week.
    I have had mild cramping but nothing major and the spotting is only when I go to the bathroom and wipe. It is mostly light brown to light pink. I have had some red but it was very little. I have not had clots or heavy bleeding. I have spoken with my dr and he says that they do not see any patient until they are 8 weeks along. I am just very nervous. I spotted with my first two children but I just do not remember any cramping. Can someone please help me feel better or just let me know that this has happened to you too?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Iam4al, your doctor should have seen you after you've expressed concern about your symptoms. While it may turn out to be something minor, it could also be a sign of a serious problem. You'll probably need an exam to rule out any complications and to make sure you and your baby are fine. I advise you to contact your doctor again and tell him that you've been experiencing cramping as well as spotting and you would like to get an ultrasound. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 28, 2006, 09:47 PM
    On a note to what prettynpetite said: if your dr. refuses to see you I would start looking for another dr. because he obviously doesn't have the time or the bedside manner that he needs to have in this situation. I am about that far along myself and I have had some very mild cramping, no bleeding or spotting, but I seem to remember it from my 2 previous pregnant. I remember reading that the embro is going through a growth spurt this week and that the cramping is just part of the growth cycle. If I had spotting though I would go see the dr. just so that I didn't stress and cause my baby more harm. That's just me though. I hope everything is well with you and the little one.
    iam4al Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 06:34 PM
    I went back to the dr today and he did a u/s and saw a flicker of a heartbeat and that all is well with the baby so far. My Cervix is closed. All my levels were good except my progesterone level it was 3.6 and should be between 20-25 in on the 6th week. I was put on progesterone pills. My question is not has anyone else done this and will this work and keep me from a m/c?
    Thank you so much for your replies, my wonderful husband tries to be supportive but just cannot not relate because he is a man. Ha
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 31, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iam4al
    I went back to the dr today and he did a u/s and saw a flicker of a heartbeat and that all is well with the baby so far. My Cervix is closed. All my levels were good except my progesterone level it was 3.6 and should be between 20-25 in on the 6th week. I was put on progesterone pills. My question is not has anyone else done this and will this work and keep me from a m/c?
    Thank you so much for your replies, my wonderful husband tries to be supportive but just cannot not relate because he is a man. Ha
    As long as your doctor knows your complete past medical history, medications you take, and you trust him, then please take his advice.
    Also let him know if there are any pets in the household or neighborhood, just to make sure he does a toxoplasmosis test.

Below are a few sites that you and your hubby can check out together so that he can get close and not feel left out - this bonds couples and help prevent the hubby from getting jealous.
    Happy Parenting!

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...31Z2N4SWU1FKLX
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...C0Y8NV9UXA1MD4

The above you need to download within seven days.

Below are links to some nice sites:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102
    Scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise,
    Dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period.. Cramping! [ 8 Answers ]

I can say I am definitely not pregnant. Over the past six or so months I am having very irregular periods . Period dec no jan period feb and no period since feb. 13. I have cramps as if I am getting period, lots of acne (I never had this much as a teen. I also am unable to loose weight. (don't...

Cramping with Menses [ 3 Answers ]

Can you tell me the cause for cramping with Menses?

2 missed periods constant cramping [ 1 Answers ]

I have missed 2 periods and I should have had my last one over 10 days ago, over the last 2 and a half weeks I've delt with heavy menstraul cramping but no period. It's to the point where I just can't do normal activities. I've tried many times to get an appointment with no luck. I don't take...

3 installs XP Pro - can't wipe clean - HELP [ 10 Answers ]

I have an old P4 machine that ran Windows 2000. I upgraded this to Windows XP but due to some junk on the PC it ran badly. So it was decided to re-install and try wipe the HDD clean. However this did not happen and another separate install of Windows XP occurred. I trawled through some help...

Wipe XP and Install 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new Dell that came with XP. I'd like to install 2000 instead. What is the best way to completely remove XP and install 2000?

View more questions Search