Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cincymom1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Late period, negative pregnancy test
    I am usually very regular (31-32 day cycles) but the past 2 months my cycle has been shortened to 25-26 days... I wasn't exactly sure when I would start my period this month but at the latest it should have started on Nov 1st. It is now Nov. 5th and still no period... I had some spotting when I wipe, but not in my underwear, on Nov. 3rd and 4th, but now even that has stopped. I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning first thing and it was negative... could I be pregnant or how common are missed periods? I've never had a missed period in my life (except for when I was pregnant with my first son and while breastfeeding) so I'm not sure what the chances of pregnancy are... any answers or advice would be great!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
    If you are having sex, you very well could be pregnant. Sometimes, especially early in pregnancy, you may not have built up enough HCG to register positive on a HPT.
    You levels of HCG double every 2 days... so you could test again in a few days.

It is not uncommon though to be late or miss a period altogether once in awhile.

I would suggest either waiting until next month and see if you get a period or calling your doctor and requesting a blood pregnancy test.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Nov 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Well here's my little story I was 7 days late on my period I took 3 pregnancy tests they all came out negative, I kept cramping like I was going to get my period, so I was just waiting on it until I saw it wasn't coming I went to my doctor and that's when he told me I was pregnant.. It can be that you are pregnant.. but stress can also delay your period.. and your cycle can change from time to time so maybe going to a clinic would be the best and accurate choice.
    tabitha.mcc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 11:54 AM
    I have taken my 3rd cycle of 50 clomid. On the second cycle my period was a week early. Only lasted two days and was very light. (spotting) I have always had regular 28 day cycles. Now after 3rd clomid cycle I'm on day 32 no period of signs of. My breast are sore and have a lot of white fluid. Took two hpt all negetive. Is this just common side effects or could I be pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have been trying to conceive a baby for about 6 months and I have been having problems. Right now I am 33 days late on my period I have taken several pregnancy test and there all negative. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

6 Negative pregnancy test, 2 weeks late [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 24 and have a very regular 28 day cycle. My period is 2 weeks late. I have had mild on and off symptoms. One day my boobs feel sore the next I'm fine. No cramps. I am not stressed, life is pretty good right know. Is it possible I'm getting false negative test results? I have a doctors appt...

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

Late period and a negative test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm debbie, I'm a week late on my period, I've done a test this morning and it's negative, I'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?

View more questions Search