Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tayiswaycool Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Signs of labor and birth for cats
    MY cat is due anyday what are some SERIOUS signs I should look for ?:confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Read this please:

Dystocia - Difficult Birth in Cats

And this:

Are you Ready for Newborn Kittens?
    maelwys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tayiswaycool
    MY cat is due anyday wat are some SERIOUS signs i should look for ?:confused:
    When she is getting ready to deliver she will stop eating and drinking as much, she will start to look for a place that is quite and solem to have the kittens. Even if you have made her a space she might still look for a place if she does not feel safe there. When she starts giving birth she will start panting and her tummy will start to contract and what do you know here they come. Sometimes cats like to be left alone and other times they like to be comforted.goodluck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signs that my cat is in labor! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cat she is a little over a yr old, she is a house cat. She is pregnant but I don't know when this happened but she is definitely pregnant she is getting big her nipples are pretty big you can feel the kittens moving inside of her. I have a basket set up for her with blankets in it she goes...

How long does labor usually last in cats? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok Well my cat lost her mucus plug last night at around 10:30pm, and it is now 10:32pm the next night; I don't know if something is wrong because she still has not pushed or had any kittens. She panted once but that is all. Is something wrong with her? This is her first batch of kittens I don't...

Cats in labor [ 1 Answers ]

How long should a cat be in labor

My cats labor stopped! [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! 30 hours ago my cat seemed to be in full blown labor. Panting, vaginal discharge, restless, nesting, cleaning herself, affectionate & talking a lot. Now it has stopped! The only symptoms still showing are the affection, talking, cleaning and restlessness. One of my other cats got in het...

Signs cat will give birth soon? [ 1 Answers ]

We took our Female cat to the vet and he said the she had 2-3 weeks until she'd give birth. Monday is Three weeks. I have never had a cat give birth. What signs do I need to look for? How will I know she is close to giving birth?? Maile

View more questions Search