Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 28, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Fell and now cramping really bad 8 weeks pregnant
    Hey guys I got a concern mabey you can help me with, When I was a teenager and involved with cheerleading I had a problem with my knee, for no reason it would pop out of place and knock me down the pain was awful and kept me on the ground for about 10 minutes.
    Well it stopped after I got out of my teens so I thought I had outgrown it, but yesterday night I was out shopping and I got out of my car and it happened again it knocked me to the ground and I couldn't move for a while, well after this happened I started cramping really bad, the cramps came and went so I didn't call the doctor, well today the cramps continued, it felt a lot like period cramps, also I felt some sharp pains in my vagina area.

So I guess my question is should I contact the doctor even if I haven't seen any bleeding or see if it goes away, I am only 8 weeks.
    Thanks
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
    I don't know that falling a short distance like that would cause damage, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Give your doctor a call and explain what happened and the symptoms. They will decide if you need to be seen. Of course, if it gets much worse or if you start to bleed, head to the ER. How far along are you again?
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 28, 2007, 06:53 PM
    I'm 8 weeks
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Shoot, sorry I just saw that in your original post... are you sure it isn't indegestion? Sometimes it is hard to tell that from cramping. I would say tomorrow, call your doc and see what they say. Good luck, and try not to worry. It is really rare for a fall to cause a miscarriage.
    scarlton53 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalbivens
    Hey guys I got a concern mabey you can help me with, When I was a teenager and involved with cheerleading I had a problem with my knee, for no reason it would pop out of place and knock me down the pain was awful and kept me on the ground for about 10 mins.
    Well it stoped after i got out of my teens so i thought i had outgrown it, but yesterday night i was out shopping and i got out of my car and it happened again it knocked me to the ground and i couldnt move for a while, well after this happened i started cramping really bad, the cramps came and went so i didnt call the doctor, well today the cramps continued, it felt alot like period cramps, also i felt some sharp pains in my vagina area.

So i guess my question is should i contact the doctor even if i havent seen any bleeding or see if it goes away, i am only 8 weeks.
    Thanks
    Hi, I am also 8 weeks pregnant and I am also having cramps similar to period cramps. I wish I could help you out but I am actually asking you to pass on any information as to what this could mean. Thank you so much, and good luck with your new baby!
    -Sarah
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Sarah - you will get more responses if you post questions in their own thread... just a word of advice.. :) I know its hard to figure out at first but you will get the hang of it.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
    It could just be from growing pains, or indigestion. However, anytime you take a fall, no matter how big or small, you should consult your doctor. If you start to have bleeding or the pain becomes intense, go to the er immediately. In the mean time, just keep your feet up, drink lots of water and try to relax. It could be a pulled muscle etc as well. Also when you talk to your doctor, ask them if they have any ideas on what to do about your knee. You may not have gotten hurt this time, but as the weight continues to gain, and your balance continues to get off kilter, you'll want to definitely find a way to avoid falling again. Perhaps just a brace, or some physical therapy. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach cramping and vomiting for 2 weeks [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everybody! I was hoping somebody here could help me. I have had horrible stomach pains and cramps for the past 2 weeks. If I feel hungry and eat, I immediately have a terrible stomachache. I have been vomiting bile as well. My stomach constantly hurts, not matter what medicine I take...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Is bleeding and cramping normal, I might be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My period was do on May 23. Two days before my period was do I had extremely light spotting and cramping. Over these past few weeks I have had all the symptoms of 1st trimester pregnancy. I already have one little boy that is 2. I took two tests; the last one had a really light pink line,...

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

View more questions Search