Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smiley0180 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 11:50 AM
    I haven't gotten my period in two weeks! What does that mean?
    Okay well here it goes. I haven't gotten my period in two weeks. I took, so far, only one pregnancy test and it came out negative. My lower left part of my back has been aching for at least two days now. Most of the time when I go to the restroom, I see white discharge in my panties. I go to college, I work and have a boyfriend, a lot of difficult stuff to deal with in a regular basis. And now I'm stressing out about this... What should I do:confused: Please help me asap
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 11:53 AM

Are you two weeks late? Is that what you mean by you haven't had it in 2 weeks? Because if you had your period 2 weeks ago, and you're getting an excess of discharge you might be ovulating.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 11:55 AM
    I don't understand either. You are supposed to get your period once a month, not every 2 weeks.

So, are you 2 weeks late?

Nov 13, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Yes my bad... I am two weeks late.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Well, stress can cause late and/or missed periods. You say you are under a lot of stress.

When you took the pregnancy test did you use first morning urine?
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0180 View Post
    Yes my bad... I am two weeks late.
    Well you said that you were already stressed out. Depending on the level of stress, it can put your periods on hold. I really recommend seeing a doctor though, you could just be late, but it could potentially be soemthing else, although I doubt serious.

Nov 13, 2009, 12:02 PM

Yes it was the first morning urine when I took the pregnancy test. Usually when I get my period it's the first or 2nd day of the month
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 12:04 PM
    We all miss a period or are late for different reasons... sometimes no reason at all.

Try taking another pregnancy test in a week. If it comes up negative and you still don't have your period, make a doctor's appointment.

Until that time though, treat yourself as if you ARE pregnant.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0180 View Post
    Yes it was the first morning urine when i took the pregnancy test. Usually when i get my period its the first or 2nd day of the month
    I say maybe try again in a week, and if it's still negative or if oyu still haven't gotten your period yet then it's time to see a doctor. Unfortunately, there's no way for use to actually "diagnose" a health issue over the internet.

Nov 13, 2009, 12:05 PM

O okay. Thanks for your help.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    We all miss a period or are late for different reasons...sometimes no reason at all.

Try taking another pregnancy test in a week. If it comes up negative and you still don't have your period, make a doctor's appointment.

Until that time though, treat yourself as if you ARE pregnant.
    We'er posting at the same time and saying the same things. I think we're the same person.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    We'er posting at the same time and saying the same things. I think we're the same person.
    UhOh... I knew I had multiple personalities. :p
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 12:12 PM
    UhOh....I knew I had multiple personalities. :p
    SHHHH!! Don't tell the mods! ;)
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    SHHHH!!! Don't tell the mods! ;)
    Wait! I AM a mod! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Wait!! I AM a mod!!:eek:
    Well, aren't we in a pickle?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK that I've had my period for 3 weeks? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and this is my third period. My first one lasted about 5 days. it was light and painless. than about 2 weeks after that I had another period. That one lasted for 10 days and was super painful and heavy. After 7 months of no periods now I'm on my third one. It started July 10 and...

9 weeks since last period [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys, Not posted in a while. What does it mean if there has been a 9-week gap since last period, and it is definitely not pregnancy? Has anyone else has a similar thing? Can a cycle be this long? Just looking for opinions and other comparable experiences.

Period for 3 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I am a 18 year old mother of 2 and my peroids have been very regular but for the past 2 months ihave had it for 3 and a half weeks very heavy with clots I will have it for 3 and a half weeks then it is gone for 2 or 3 days then back for a nother 3 and a half weeks this has been happening...

5 weeks on period? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have been on my period for 5 weeks now, it started dark brown and stringy I've read this is old bloody but the last 2-3 weeks it has been fresh blood, I am booked into the docs tomorrow for a smear test but cannot go through with it as they can't do smears while on your period, so I have...

Off OCP 6 weeks but no period yet. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has expereineced something like this. I have 2 children already and we decided to try for another. Came off pill 12th November and still haven't had a period. Feeling nausous sometimes but no other symptons. Had one BFN test. Any ideas?? Baby hopes and...

View more questions Search