Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Install a 24 round above ground pool liner
    Trying to install a 24 round above ground pool liner. Would like some tips,Thanks.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 01:01 PM
    There is no short cuts or tips for this type of installation.

Even professional installers pull their hair out a little when installing above ground overlap liners. Be sure to set the seam at the bottom of the wall as level as you can as opposed to having the seam running up and down the walls (you will see what I mean when you install it)

Follow the installation instructions for your liner - there is a ton of information that you need to have like what type of material to have on the floor, how to build up the edges where the wall meets the floor with fill material or plastic coves. You will also need to know when to cut in the returns and skimmer (wait until the water is about 1 foot below the area that you will be cutting to avoid wrinkles in the liner)

The closest thing to a tip or trick is that removing the wrinkles in the floor needs to be done while there is between one to three inches of water covering the floor. If you wait longer than this to try to lose the wrinkles the weight of the water itself will prevent you from moving the wrinkles around. Start in the middle and work the wrinkles out towards to walls.

Good luck with your project, I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools
    Vancouver BC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool liner [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My 1 year old pool has a vinyl liner. I just noticed that it has a ripple in the liner that goes from one end of the pool to the other. (12'x24' pool) I got in and tried to flatten it out but it just keeps coming back up. Is that a leak? Thanks. sv.

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

Buying a Used 24' round above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if the seller is telling the truth on how old the pool is? He is selling a 24' pool for $700. Includes the liner which I will not be able to use. Includes a gas 250,000 BTU's ?heater also a vacuum to go along the bottom. Filter is a bigger filter. I don't know how big that is. ...

View more questions Search