Quote Originally Posted by manuel
    why did the u.s. want california
    Resources, and lebensraum.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 9, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel
    what helped the u.s. win the war
    Stronger industrial base and army leadership. Faulty Mexican rifles forcing them to shoot from the hip in order to protect the face and miss.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Actually, the French sold the Mexicans those defective rifles. The Americans knew about the defect that forced the Mexicans to shoot too high. So in battles where they were out of sight of one another, such as in a field of high grass or thickets at night the Americans would get low so that the bullets would fly over their heads. Then they would rise and open up with a barrage and get low again. Neither did the hip level rifle position lend itself to accuracy. Of course bringing the rifle to eye-level could have meant losing an eye so I guess that explains part of the whole disaster. At least in reference to certain battles where the Mexicans should have either drawn or carried the day due to numerical superiority.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walmart associate told my dad to go back to mexico! [ 29 Answers ]

My father was told this morning by an associate of Walmart to "go back to Mexico where you belong". My father is a U.S. citizen and U.S. Army Retired Veteran of Hispanic descent. Is this discrimination? He has filed a complaint with Walmart headquarters. Thanks for any input, Jorge

Enforcing childsupport from Mexico [ 5 Answers ]

Need to force parent to help pay for son. He lives in La Barca Mexico and I live in California U.S. It is only right that the parent in Mexico helps out with his son and he just settled a workers comp case but my son receives nonthing. Any advice on how to get action done. Please

What actor died on boat near Mexico ? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's there was a TV or movie actor that died aboard a private boat off the coast of Mexico. With him were three Mexican woman companions. I can't remember the name of the actor. Does anyone know with certainty who it was ?

Mexico & panama [ 1 Answers ]

1.what natural feature forms the eastern boundary of mexico? 2. Panama uses two currencies-one is the us dollar and the other one is?

View more questions Search