Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    I don't recall if anyone has written about the fiasco Prohibition years,
    Hello George:

I love your new picha. The emperor doesn't wear any clothes, does he? That's the name of the best pot legalization book ever written. You can buy it here. Welcome to Jack Herer's Home on the Web

You bring up another good point about prohibition. I don't know why the gubment thinks drug prohibition will work when liquor prohibition didn't. I have an opinion, though. I think because white people liked to drink, and darker skinned people liked to get high, the white people's drug became legal.

I don't think it had anything to do with the realization that prohibition single handedly created organized crime, just as it does today. I thought that's why they stopped it. But, nooooo. It was because whitey wanted his liquor.

So, why does the gubment do that?? It clearly doesn't work, and won't ever work. Of course, there are those blind folks who say, "if we only cracked down....." Bwa, ha ha ha ha. But, you and I know they've been cracking down harder and harder for 50 years now and it ain't stopped yet. It ain't even slowed down.

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 11:15 AM
    If I agreed with you, some might think we were working together. I actually don't agree with your conclusion about whitey wanting licker and darkie wanting weed; I mean, I think weed was made illegal long after Prohibition was ended. We have 'police' all around us: police that want school kids in uniform; 'police' who say we can't use certain words or speech; 'police' that say we can't deal fairly with a terrorist. Other that that, I got your back. Bwe he he he.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 24, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Legalize it, regulate it [ like spitvenom mentioned: no t while driving, flying aircraft, at work] and tax it.

Reason being, alcohol is legal and has a heck of a lot more health, social, criminal, and psychiatric consequences.

Only problem is :
    - what age can use [21 and uo ?]
    - you can't blame the drug for your misfortune and sue - personal choice and responsibility
    - who manufactures it? Standards of purity? How do you guard against someone lacing it with cocaine?
    - would there be job discrimination? Do you want your surgeon or airline pilot or over the road truck driver using thc "recreationally?"

Some people will always make poor choices and abuse whatever they can get their hands on - legal, illegal, controlled, prescription, over the counter, fumes etc... - let them be responsible for theeir choice, so that when things go wrong they can't get blame someone and sue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search