Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Can politics and spiritualty mix?
    • Lennon said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, then he was shot. Lennon wasn't shot just because he said that, but he was murdered.
    • What political things did Jesus say to get himself crucified? Why do spiritual people get killed when they say political things?
    • Was Kennedy shot for spiritual reasons?

I'm asking for education with this question. Opinions are like noses. What is yours? What have you learned about this concept and where?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Kennedy's were killed because they knew too much about the CIA/Mafia/Fidel Castro connection and the CIA wanted to do something to really upset Bobby.
    COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY: SHOWS
    There was just had a new program on TV about it the other night.

Marilyn Monroe was killed because they were afraid she was going to talk because they
    Knew JFK and Bobby both told her stuff. June DiMaggio's book Marilyn, Joe and Me -discredited of course!

Nothing spiritual about their deaths.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
    No one murdered Jerry Falwell. No one has murdered the people of Westboro Baptist Church ([email protected]; they picket funerals for fun). No one has shot the people in Army of God, though they've done their own murdering.

So I don't think (in general) spiritual people get killed when they say political things, though some of them probably deserve it... Oops! I didn't say that! :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Chapman killed Lennon because he was obsessed with the book Catcher in the Rye and it's theme against phoniness in society . He thought Lennon was a phoney . He thought the murder would turn him into someone similar to the character in the book Holden Caulfield, a "quasi-savior" and "guardian angel".

Jesus challenged the authority of the Sanhedrin and Rome .

Which Kennedy ? JFK was killed by a lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald a Marxist . Kennedy was not Oswald's only assassination attempt. He also fired bullets at General Edwin Walker who Oswald thought was a fascist. Walker survived because the bullet struck the wood frame of the window Walker was sitting near . The bullet was deflected and Walker was injured with fragments. At the time of the shooting Oswald wasn't a suspect but evidence obtained after the Kennedy murder shows Oswald the most likely shooter . Oswald was a pro Castro advocate and of course Kennedy wanted Castro gone. When Oswald learned from a local newspaper that the Kennedy motorcade was going to pass by his place of employment he hatched his plan to murder Kennedy. He was an expert shot and the distance from the motorcade was short . Kennedy was a sitting duck .During his flight from the scene he also murdered police officer Marion Baker .

Robert Kennedy was killed by a Palestinian terrorist. He shot RFK because he supported Israel .

One could I suppose look for the so called spiritual connection /religion connection in all these cases. Chapman has become evangelical in Attica prison; Oswald was a Marxist/Atheist ,Sirhan Sirhan hated Jews. But the motives for both Kennedys murders was political not spiritual... and Chapman was a nut job.

Jesus' words were misconstrued that he wanted to establish his kingdom on earth thus challenging the empire and the religious leadership of his time. Although the leadership feared that his words were political they really weren't .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:01 AM
    The only *recent* prominent example that comes to mind at the moment of a religious figure being killed for political reasons is Martin Luther King Jr. Generally it seems religious figures are martyred for exercising their faith much more than their political viewpoint. That was the case with Jesus, his alleged crime before the Sanhedrin was blasphemy - he claimed he was the Messiah (Mark 14:62-64).

Similarly, it isn't good for one's health to be critical of Islam in some places. Just ask Theo van Gogh (if you could), Salman Rushdie or a slew of Danish political cartoonists.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Somewhere in your schooling you seemed to have missed history of the Holy Roman Empire through the making of the American Constitution, which essentially separated Church and State.

The pope, as head of the Catholic Church, wielded spiritual authority over all of Europe. The church and the state were viewed as two different aspects of one Christian society, sometimes referred to as Christendom.

Despite the strong ties between church and state, popes and secular rulers frequently struggled with each other for control over church administration and secular lands. Since the church was responsible for the souls of the people, including the emperor himself, the popes claimed ultimate supremacy over the state as well as the administration of the Catholic Church.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Thank You everyone for your answers. That tells me where to look for things to read. Yes, Dark-crow, in spite of my bachelor's degree, I learned nothing about the Roman empire. Zip about what happened with the Kennedys and almost nothing about American policy. I only read the newspaper while I am lining my birdcages. They did teach me way too much about journalism in K-12, apparently to the exclusion of world history.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    • Lennon said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, then he was shot. Lennon wasn't shot just because he said that, but he was murdered.
    • What political things did Jesus say to get himself crucified? Why do spiritual people get killed when they say political things?
      Because the 'Attillas' are much more vicious than the 'Witch Doctors'.
    • Was Kennedy shot for spiritual reasons?

I don't think so. I believe the commies were behind this.

I'm asking for education with this question. Opinions are like noses. What is yours? What have you learned about this concept and where?
    You didn't ask about this, for which I still believe Janet Reno should have been charged with manslaughter:

On February 28, 1993, the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) attempted to execute a search warrant at the Branch Davidian ranch at Mount Carmel, a property located nine miles (14 km) east-northeast of Waco, Texas. An exchange of gunfire resulted in the deaths of four agents and six Davidians. A subsequent 51-day siege by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ended on April 19 when fire destroyed the complex. Seventy-six people, including 21 children and two pregnant women, along with Davidian leader David Koresh, died in the incident. This has come to be known as the Waco Siege or the Waco Massacre.
    Waco Siege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 01:08 AM
    The REAL reason JFK was killed.

JFK vs. The Federal Reserve

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business. The Christian Common Law Institute has exhaustively researched this matter through the Federal Register and Library of Congress. We can now safely conclude that this Executive Order has never been repealed, amended, or superceded by any subsequent Executive Order. In simple terms, it is still valid.

When President John Fitzgerald Kennedy - the author of Profiles in Courage - signed this Order, it returned to the federal government, specifically the Treasury Department, the Constitutional power to create and issue currency - money - without going through the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. President Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority:

"to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury."

This means that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation based on the silver bullion physically held there. As a result, more than $4 billion in United States Notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations. $10 and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated. It appears obvious that President Kennedy knew the Federal Reserve Notes being used as the purported legal currency were contrary to the Constitution of the United States of America. "United States Notes" were issued as an interest-free and debt-free currency backed by silver reserves in the U.S. Treasury.

President Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 and the United States Notes he had issued were immediately taken out of circulation. Federal Reserve Notes continued to serve as the legal currency of the nation.
    Kennedy knew that if the silver-backed United States Notes were widely circulated, they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve Notes. This is a very simple matter of economics. The USN was backed by silver and the FRN was not backed by anything of instrinsic value. Executive Order 11110 should have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level (virtually all of the nearly $9 trillion in federal debt has been created since 1963) if LBJ or any subsequent President were to enforce it. It would have almost immediately given the U.S. Government the ability to repay its debt without going to the private Federal Reserve Banks and being charged interest to create new "money". Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S.A. the ability to, once again, create its own money backed by silver and real value worth something.

Again, according to our own research, just five months after Kennedy was assassinated, no more of the Series 1958 "Silver Certificates" were issued either, and they were subsequently removed from circulation. Perhaps the assassination of JFK was a warning to all future presidents not to interfere with the private Federal Reserve's control over the creation of money. It seems very apparent that President Kennedy challenged the "powers that exist behind U.S. and world finance". With true patriotic courage, JFK boldly faced the two most successful vehicles that have ever been used to drive up debt: 1) war (Viet Nam); and, 2) the creation of money by a privately owned central bank. His efforts to have all U.S. troops out of Vietnam by 1965 combined with Executive Order 11110 would have destroyed the profits and control of the private Federal Reserve Bank.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Well thank you tomder. Now you know how ridiculous your NeoCon rhetoric sounds to me. Just because the corporate owned news you quote daily doesn't talk about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is the real reason JFK was killed.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 10:22 PM
    I asked a well-read republican friend about the Kennedy shooting and possible reasons behind it as outlined by magprob. He pretty much refused to talk about it. He always explains his view of things, except this time. He teaches me things whenever I ask, always. Weird.

A president that is going to make changes for the public, who was viewed by some as a loose cannon? Does that mean that he was killed (in part) because he could not be controlled or predicted?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Magprob's detailed answer makes some sense. Actually, I've heard that before, along with the assertion that Lincoln also crossed the international bankers by planning to issue money directly without owing interest to the banks. Do you have any additlional details about this?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 7, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I know more about your second question. Here is the answer to that.

Acts 2:22-23
    22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
    23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    (KJV)

John 12:27
    27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
    (KJV)

John 12:32-33
    32 And I, if I be lifted from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
    (KJV)

It is plain that Jesus' death was planned by The Father and the Son (who became the man Jesus) from the very beginning of this present system. No power in Heaven or Earth could keep Jesus from being crucified. The Jews and Romans only fulfilled prophecy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Politics [ 3 Answers ]

Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?

Christianity and politics [ 44 Answers ]

IS christianity can influence politics in a HEALTHY WAY- POPE BENEDICT is also a ruler- what you think.

Canadian politics! [ 103 Answers ]

We are coming to an election in the new year. We have had 12 years of liberal rule which I do realize may be good for the finances of Canada, but in whole is not good for morality of our country, or the safety of our country. The liberal government has promised many things and never delivered,...

View more questions Search